Hello; an introduction

Chris Brooks

www.chrisbrooks.com
Jan 15, 2003
Sydney. Australia
www.chrisbrooks.net
Hi,

This is Chris Brooks. I just signed up at UM after one of my friends raved about it until I showed up.

So I'm here now and wanted to say hi on all the boards I will lurk and post on when I get time. So HI!

I did a search and found a few people had mentioned my music here in the past, so thanks to those kind folks!

See ya round. Apologies if you see this same message at another board. UM has heaps of great forums so it'll be easy to hang out on heaps of them.

Chris

Hi Chris, and welcome to UM! I hadn't heard of you until others started mentioning you on this site - UM is great for viral exposure! Anyways, I went to your site, listened to a couple of clips, and immediately bought your CD. You are a fantastic player!

You should consider setting up a Chris Brooks forum on UM!

Bob

Originally posted by Chris Brooks
Hi,

This is Chris Brooks. I just signed up at UM after one of my friends raved about it until I showed up.

So I'm here now and wanted to say hi on all the boards I will lurk and post on when I get time. So HI!

I did a search and found a few people had mentioned my music here in the past, so thanks to those kind folks!

See ya round. Apologies if you see this same message at another board. UM has heaps of great forums so it'll be easy to hang out on heaps of them.

Chris

Holy Shit!!!!!

Chris Welcome to the UM Forum!!!! It's really incredible having you here!!!
You are one awe-inspiring guitarist!!! From the first time I heard you, I was completely blown away!!!! Gave me another reason to head back to my guitar and make firewood out of it...heheheh...anyway... Feel free to drop in on our board anytime you feel like it!!!

All the Best,
Dave
P of O

Originally posted by Dave - Power of Omens
Holy Shit!!!!!

Chris Welcome to the UM Forum!!!! It's really incredible having you here!!!
You are one awe-inspiring guitarist!!! From the first time I heard you, I was completely blown away!!!! Gave me another reason to head back to my guitar and make firewood out of it...heheheh...anyway... Feel free to drop in on our board anytime you feel like it!!!

All the Best,
Dave
P of O

Wow man, thanks for the warm welcome and the kind words about my music!

I just found out about you guys recently after hearing about all that shit you went through with Elevate. I felt for you when I read that stuff. It sucks, but the music prevails!

Your music sounds great and I'm gonna check out some more. Feel free to drop me a line to talk shop / network / shoot the shit etc. Rock on!

Chris

Hey, thanks for the order! I must admit when I checked the computer for orders and it said rgbeach, I thought to myself "Reb Beach is buying my album?" :lol:

Cheers!

I joke with people about that occasionally. They'll ask "hey, rgbeach, who are you?" And, I'll respond "remember that band Winger?" :)

Can you tell me what kind of equipment you use? From the pictures, it looks like you play Ibanez guitars.

Bob

I just posted my gear on the Sym X forum, so here's a copy and paste from that

Guitars/Bass:
Ibanez RG550 with DiMarzio pickups
Ibanez J-Custom S1540
Ibanez SR405 5 string bass
Fender USA Strat 1989
Fender Japan Strat 1993

Amplification:
Mesa dual rectifier solo head (1996)
Marshall 1940A quad
Behringer V-amp for some direct recording

Effects:
Just a little delay through the FX loop. Other effects I add after recording.

On "The Master Plan" I also used an Ibanez JPMP4 that they importers here in Australia gave me at an endorsee rate. It's a very smooth sound. I think I used it when I did the songs on Mark Boals' solo album as well, along with the Behringer V amp (without telling Mark until he liked the sound) as a test recording.

Hi Chris, I haven't heard your CD, but a while ago someone on the Planet X message board dropped a link to your page. I checked it out. I listened to the clips avaible. Insanely good stuff! Your playing is super tight, from what I heard.
You mentioned the JPM, and if I remember correctly, the main picture on the home page, when I chcked it some months back, had you holding a JPM. My favourite guitar!!
Did you do all the programming for the other instruments on your album? I can't remember if I read that you did or if I just assumed you did.

Woah dude, Inspring. I would like to hear some of this mighty man we call Chris Brooks. Will search at R&T within the next few days.

Originally posted by Dave - Power of Omens
Heya Chris,

I've been meaning to ask, did you record "The Master Plan" on your own??? I didn't notice a recording facility on the booklet, only the mastering credits.

~Dave

Yeah, I did it all on a fairly simple setup in my own house. I described the recording process in my FAQ which is here. The raw mixes turned out okay but getting it mastered (as you would well know) takes it to a new level altogether.

Chris

Yeah, I did it all on a fairly simple setup in my own house. I described the recording process in my FAQ which is here. The raw mixes turned out okay but getting it mastered (as you would well know) takes it to a new level altogether.

Chris

Not sure if I'm having problems with my access here at work, but I can't seem to access the faq section of your site. :(
I will try a bit later when I get home.
Yeah, mastering can definitely be a monster of it's own. I found that out the hard way this time around on our CD. Fortunately, the re-master of the new disc that we did for MetalAges, was so much better than the original master that we did for Elevate. Although, the CD's been delayed majorly because of them, I'm glad that we had the chance to go back and make it sound better. So all in all, the whole Elevate thing was a good thing. ;)

~D