Helloween - Helloween EP+Walls of Jericho LP

Corporal McDick

Sgt. 1st class
Aug 26, 2003
Israel
I believe this is one of the best Helloween albums cuz it sounds real heavy and has exellent songs. Kai's vocals are exellent too.
I heard all of their albums and i can saw that past Better Than Raw they didint do good ALBUMS. I'm no talking about separte songs here. Anyway, you got my point guys...

The sound on the album, especially for Walls of Jericho, I find to be really unpleasant. The Michael Kiske versions of a couple songs shows what they're capable of under cleaner production. The drums are quite muddled and it's difficult to decipher some of Kai's vocals without the lyric booklet.

But on the other hand, the songs themselves are incredible. So many classics; Victim of Fate, How Many Tears, Ride The Sky, Guardians, Starlight, etc. Definitely contains the fastest songs Helloween has done.

I enjoy some of recent Helloween, although Andi Deris is my least favorite vocalist they've had. Their latest album, Rabbit Don't Come Easy, is fairly diverse and has some tracks that might appeal to fans of 80s Helloween, like Hell Was Made In Heaven, Just A Little Sign, Liar, Do You Feel Good.

SanSebastian1190 said:
The sound on the album, especially for Walls of Jericho, I find to be really unpleasant. The Michael Kiske versions of a couple songs shows what they're capable of under cleaner production. The drums are quite muddled and it's difficult to decipher some of Kai's vocals without the lyric booklet.
True. The quality and production mainly lack.

SanSebastian1190 said:
But on the other hand, the songs themselves are incredible. So many classics; Victim of Fate, How Many Tears, Ride The Sky, Guardians, Starlight, etc. Definitely contains the fastest songs Helloween has done.
Exactly!!! I wish they had recorded it better quality but still this rules....

SanSebastian1190 said:
I enjoy some of recent Helloween, although Andi Deris is my least favorite vocalist they've had. Their latest album, Rabbit Don't Come Easy, is fairly diverse and has some tracks that might appeal to fans of 80s Helloween, like Hell Was Made In Heaven, Just A Little Sign, Liar, Do You Feel Good.
Well Andi is not better indeed, but Rabbits dont come easy - i didnt like it at all.... except JUST A LITTLE SIGN which could sound even better - I see place for improvement.