Helloween leave Nuclear Blast for SPV, possibility of third KotSK album

Ayeka

Hell Bent For Leather!
Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
Blagged from the PowerQuest forum:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161959

As previously reported, HELLOWEEN recently left Nuclear Blast after only two albums. The band, it can be revealed, has since signed to SPV. Guitarist Michael Weikath spoke to BW&BK back on July 27th about the move :

“Yes, we have left Nuclear Blast. The business department of Nuclear Blast is responsible to EastWest, and someone at EastWest wasn’t happy with the figures so they offered us a new deal. We weren’t happy with the offer because it wasn’t much different from other deals we’ve seen before, so there was a lot of back and forth. We like the people at Nuclear Blast, but they came up with a deal that is tailor made for a typical German band that sells a lot of records in Germany but not abroad. They wanted to cut our percentages from foreign countries, but Helloween actually sells more in foreign countries than in Germany. A run-of-the-mill contract isn’t for us. SPV gave us a great offer so we took it.”

Weikath has revealed that the next Helloween album might be Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part III, but he makes no promises.

“We’re going to start rehearsals for the new album in October, and we’re going to try to do a Keeper III because we have a very good line-up now, where the vibe and spirit in the band is very similar to how it was when we did the Keeper I and II. It’s going to be fun to try it, anyway, but if the idea doesn’t come along as much as we expect it to, or the vibe isn’t right, we certainly won’t call the album Keeper III.”
Thanks to www.bravewords.com

You know what my first thought was? If they're on SPV, there's a chance they could tour with BLAZE! Brown bread! :headbang:

And third Keeper album would be welcome...but there's helluva high standards to top, and I didn't think the Rabbit album was doing that. Still, if they decided to go ahead with that, I think that'd be my #1 anticipation for 2005. Along with a Judas Priest UK tour! :Shedevil:

btw...this Leviathan is the CLASS SHIT!!!!!!!

Papa Josh said:
Has anyone seen the gay statement Michael Kiske made about leaving the metal scene for good in the latest BW&BK?

I thought he walked away from it after Helloween. Other than a few 'rock opera' type things, what has he been doing? I saw a picture of him about 3 years ago and he looked like a fat bald old guy.

He's got a new band called SupaRed, but I dunno what they're about exactly. I'd heard he'd wimped out on Metal, and when I checked out the SupaRed website it turns out he's a born-again Jew. What a fag. What a waste of a great voice. I was very saddened by that :(

He has his own website with essays on...stuff. I dunno what cos it's in German and I can't read German (and can't be bothered to put the whole thing through dodgy BabelFish translator).

"The extremely bad record sales of the Supared debut was the final bit and answer I needed for this decision. My interprestation of this sort of music doesn't get accepted. So I don't want to waste my and other people's time anymore."

"I made myself physically ill making this last record."

"Hard rock isn't my music anymore. I can't cope with its mentality, ideals or musical language. I have found much better artistic arguments and certainly much higher morals than what the metal scene has to offer. And you won't hear anything metal-like anymore coming from my address for the rest of my life."

"I am not what the scene wants and I don't want the wimpy artistic truth this scene has to offer. "

Those are the main idiotic statements...

It's a bruised ego, that's all. He'll be back when he's broke and when Tobias Sammet's written Avantasia pt 3.

I have to admit, I was really surprised he still had the lungs when I first heard Avantasia.

Tranquillian said:
He disbanded SupaRed, they sold close to nothing.
Gordon Bennet, how long ago was that? I could've sworn they were still going last time I checked.

Bless his heart, he's obviously hurting. But that's the music biz for you.

It's incredibley condescending when ex-rockers do that, isn't it? Very irriatating. I guess that's what a mortgage and a receding hairline does to people, sadly :(