Helloween leave Nuclear Blast

As previously reported, HELLOWEEN recently left Nuclear Blast after only two albums. The band, it can be revealed, has since signed to SPV. Guitarist Michael Weikath spoke to BW&BK back on July 27th about the move :

“Yes, we have left Nuclear Blast. The business department of Nuclear Blast is responsible to EastWest, and someone at EastWest wasn’t happy with the figures so they offered us a new deal. We weren’t happy with the offer because it wasn’t much different from other deals we’ve seen before, so there was a lot of back and forth. We like the people at Nuclear Blast, but they came up with a deal that is tailor made for a typical German band that sells a lot of records in Germany but not abroad. They wanted to cut our percentages from foreign countries, but Helloween actually sells more in foreign countries than in Germany. A run-of-the-mill contract isn’t for us. SPV gave us a great offer so we took it.”

Weikath has revealed that the next Helloween album might be Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part III, but he makes no promises.

“We’re going to start rehearsals for the new album in October, and we’re going to try to do a Keeper III because we have a very good line-up now, where the vibe and spirit in the band is very similar to how it was when we did the Keeper I and II. It’s going to be fun to try it, anyway, but if the idea doesn’t come along as much as we expect it to, or the vibe isn’t right, we certainly won’t call the album Keeper III.”

Thanks to www.bravewords.com

Well, I was whole surprised when I first heard Helloween leaving Nuclear Blast label, since of course it makes me wonder real reasons there behind. But making Keeper 3 is somewhat impossible because A) Kai Hansen not with Helloween, B) Michael Kiske not with Helloween, C) album "Master of the Rings" was more or less Keeper 3 already - kind of, D) everything together what I've already mentioned. Anyway, looking forward...

If they did an album called Keeper 3 which was as good as the other two...fuck me, best album ever?! That's something to anticipate for 2005! :heh:

BLAZEE are on SPV too...maybe they could tour together? Even better! :D