helloween past and present

rahvin

keeper of the flame
Oct 10, 2001
safe but not far from the city
they're german, they're metal, i felt like starting a thread. :p

what do you all think of helloween? what of their different singers, their golden age, their latest stuff, their importance on the scene?
which songs/albums do you like best/the least? what would become of their image if they changed all of their pumpkins to pineapples?

rahvin. (will be back on monday)

Helloween was my first Metal band and will be my favourite band forever, that's not gonna change.

I liked the Hansen vocals best, then Kiske/Deris are both good singers too! The latest stuff is not that what they did in the 80ies, it's not typical Helloween but it's cool music and I still listen to the stuff, I like it. It's not Metal but very good Hard Rock, I'd say. As long as Helloween release great Albums they should exist in the Metal scene! They're very important!!

Fav. songs: Power, Twilight of the gods, Metal Invaders, Cry for freedom, Starlight, How many tears, I want out, Before the war. (Mainly the early stuff from the EP 1985 and The Walls of Jericho stuff!).

I must admit that this is the kind of music that I never got into... :bah: I do not *emphasize* say it's shit, I only say it has no permission for my cd-player ;) :p

Originally posted by opacity
I must admit that this is the kind of music that I never got into... :bah: I do not *emphasize* say it's shit, I only say it has no permission for my cd-player ;) :p

Hehehe, this sounds great... :D

I'm not a big fan of them and only own one album, the first one they did with Andy. I must say, that I never liked Andy, when he was with Pink Cream 69, but I do like him with Helloween.

And still I'm not a big fan.... just thinking of Weiki... *puke*

not the biggest fan here....my fave cd is high live....dunno why. the best song must be future world and mr. ego (take me down). newer helloween sucks imo.
thanks for your time

narrot

just in case anyone's interested, here's how i'd rate helloween's albums:

1. chameleon (i know everybody says it sucks, but i love it and i'm not ashamed :p)

2. keeper of the seven keys part 1, 2

3. walls of jericho

4. helloween self-titled mini

5. the time of the oath

6. better than raw

7. pink bubbles go ape

8. master of the rings

9. the dark ride

rahvin. (with the faintest hope they somehow get kiske back :cry: )

helloween NEVER released a weak album...even chameleon is great ( in its own way )...

here is how I rate em :

1. time of the oath

2. keeper 1 + 2

3. dark ride

4. walls of jericho + mini

5. chameleon

6. master of rings

7. better than raw

8. pink bubbles

...but as I said, not one of this albums is really weak...

cheers

There are 4 Helloween releases that I consider a masterpiece:
Walls of Jericho, both Keepers and Master of the Rings.

Pink Bubbles go Ape is quite good and so is Chameleon in it's own way. One half of The Dark Ride is great, the other half sucks.

The Time of the Oath and Better Than Raw are, sad to say, crappy.