Helloween & Slayer for '04 Headliners

god_king

Ruler Of Life/Light
Aug 26, 2003
UK
www.geocities.com
Firday make it Power Metal day and Saturday is Thrash day!

hahaha! Hammerfall can be a semi headliner before Helloween.
I want Tankard or re formed Megadeth on Saturday. Manilla Road?

Helloween is the most popular choice in my forum.

Forget Slayer as they're too big (They also failed to deliver the goods at this year's Wacken). Annihilator or Kreator would be a far more realistic choice. I can't see Megadeth reforming just yet (I do think it will eventually occur).

Helloween would be good but Gamma Ray would be better.

Personally I FAR prefer power metal so would rather the Saturday be power metal night. :tickled:

Of course, splitting the styles up like that might make it difficult for Iced Earth to headline, since they could easily be slotted into either the thrash OR power metal categories.

... although they probably won't headline so that's a non-issue.

:(

I wish Warrel Dane and that bass dude quit bloody Nevermore and re form mighty thrashers SANCTUARY!
Refuge Denied was bloody exellent debut!

So how come you lot never heard of Tankard, most europeans and americans seems to know them.

I'm a semi regular at yahoo chat metal:1.

sorry but i think that it should be prodominantly mainstage for the powermetal and such and the second stage to cover a variety of bands but powermetal is what makes the fest so fun, the fans are alot more up for a laugh and a good time with power metal, im a huge fan of black metal, but couldnt stomach a festi of it, jus wouldnt be the same atmosphere as the stock, i love the atmost and its greatly due to powermetal you get that atmos... i mean look when the atoms died, its when the only non powermetal band of the mainstage was plaing (paradiselost) when they came on the fun atmosphere went and it jus got dull... so i loved bloodstock this year as it was prodominantly powermetal:) at least the main stage was

Disagree, when the so called Powermetal (about as powerfull as a wet paper bag really) bands like Dragonfart and Nightpiss were playing I just wanted to stay in the bar.
The thing about Bloodstock, is that they have tried to cover loads of different styles of metal on both stages, and they should keep trying to do that.
I don't want to have different styles on different stages as it would take away a lot of the intermingling going from one stage to another and you'd miss bands that you come across by accident and enjoy.

So I'd just up for all styles on both stages please.

Eagle said:
Forget Slayer as they're too big (They also failed to deliver the goods at this year's Wacken). Annihilator or Kreator would be a far more realistic choice. I can't see Megadeth reforming just yet (I do think it will eventually occur).

Helloween would be good but Gamma Ray would be better.

Dont count Slayer out dood. I went to Metal Dayz festival in Switzerland at the beginning of August. Just a small doo for a festival (about the same size as Bloodstock). Headlining band on the Sunday night was Slayer. Very cool to be about 5 foot from the stage.
Annihilator YES YES YES YES. Seen them a few times this summer. Also at Metal Dayz. They fuckin RUUUUUUULLLE.

ironeagle said:
sorry but i think that it should be prodominantly mainstage for the powermetal and such and the second stage to cover a variety of bands but powermetal is what makes the fest so fun, the fans are alot more up for a laugh and a good time with power metal, im a huge fan of black metal, but couldnt stomach a festi of it, jus wouldnt be the same atmosphere as the stock, i love the atmost and its greatly due to powermetal you get that atmos... i mean look when the atoms died, its when the only non powermetal band of the mainstage was plaing (paradiselost) when they came on the fun atmosphere went and it jus got dull... so i loved bloodstock this year as it was prodominantly powermetal:) at least the main stage was
I disagree that only power metal bands would keep the atmosphere fun. Take Anthrax for example. I've seen them twice before and they're a very fun band to see live.

ironeagle said:
slayer arent very good live saw them at tattoo the planet and they where quite crap live, very dull

You must have caught them on a off night then, as they are one of the most intense face shreading bands you can see live. Tight as anything and heavy as an elephants cock!

I've seen Slayer twice in the last 2 years. The first time they were excellent the second they were crap.

I still think they'd be too big to currently do Bloodstock. Also if Vince is going to splash out bringing a band over from the America I'd much rather see Iced Earth, Savatage, CircleIICircle, Nevermore, Seven Witches, Zandelle, Manowar, Fates Warning, Dio or from Canada: Annihilator!