Helloween - Straight Out of Hell

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
The 14th Helloween studio album, named "Straight Out Of Hell", will be released on January 18, 2013. The CD was once again helmed by the band's longtime producer Charlie Bauerfeind at HELLOWEEN singer Andi Deris's Mi Sueño Studios in Tenerife, Spain.

According to HELLOWEEN, "Straight Out Of Hell" will feature "13 mostly fast-paced songs — impressively multi-layered due to their different songwriters."

Commented guitarist Michael Weikath:" 'Straight Out Of Hell' is the consequent development of the two albums before.

"The new songs are a continuation of the '7 Sinners' directives, only less doom-bound and noticeably more positive. These songs will kick even the laziest listener's ass."

The best example of HELLOWEEN's ability to think outside the box of metal cliché is the first single from "Straight Out Of Hell", a song called "Nabataea". The legendary kingdom and its secret capital Petra — hidden behind cliff scenery and only discovered at the beginning of the 20th century — are the origin of many myths and legends. "Nabataea" is the perfect shape of great music to come and will deliver an epic video clip, yet to be shot.

Apart from the standard album, there will be a limited edition featuring premium packaging and two bonus tracks: "Another Shot Of Life" and a Hammond version of "Burning Sun" in memory of DEEP PURPLE's recently deceased organ player Jon Lord.
- Blabbermouth

Album Art

Mubpt.jpg

Tracklist

1. "Nabataea" 7:03
2. "World of War" 4:56
3. "Live Now!" 3:10
4. "Far From the Stars" 4:41
5. "Burning Sun" 5:33
6. "Waiting for the Thunder" 3:53
7. "Hold Me in Your Arms" 5:10
8. "Wanna Be God" 2:02
9. "Straight Out of Hell" 4:33
10. "Asshole" 4:09
11. "Years" 4:22
12. "Make Fire Catch The Fly" 4:22
13. "Church Breaks Down" 6:06

14. "Another Shot of Life" 5:18 (Limited Edition bonus track)
15. "Burning Sun (Hammond version)" (Limited Edition bonus track; dedicated to Jon Lord)
16. "No Eternity" (Japanese Limited Edition bonus track)

Teaser

I know there are varying opinions but I, for one, really really loved and rated 7 Sinners. I think Deris is a great vocalist and the songwriting on the previous album was impressive. Other Helloween fans think differently but after listening to the single above, I think there's a lot of cause to be VERY excited for this release!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be picking up this album! The single doesn't interest me much sadly, falls flat compared to Are You Metal? but it's not going to stop me from buying this one.

My pre-order is through hmv.com, can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere to definitely confirm that there is no chance of receiving it (and no way of cancelling). Probably just risk getting it elsewhere and hope that I have no issues

I liked 7 Sinners but didn't think it got going until the third song. The cover art for Straight Out of Hell looks rubbish but Nabataea is a cracking song (as Dom said, more meaningful and fleshed out), so looking forward to this. :)

This is boss! Just from the first post, I can tell this is worth checking out! I haven't checked out Helloween in a while so should be worth it again! :)

The man is right, this was a great release. Big thumbs up well worth checking out. Relentlessly melodic and catchy. Think 7 Sinners but with more polish, depth and delivery.

Agreed with what others have said, great album and improved over their last album which I also like.

In fact, I'd pretty much say the album's only weakness is the song 'Asshole'. I guess Helloween want to keep the trend of Facepalm moments going!

Argh, really need to get this... maybe I'll double up with Stratovarius's new album and (hopefully) have an amazing 1.5-2 hours of brand new songs.

So my premium edition arrived yesterday, and since then, I've listened to this album four or five times. Just about every song rules. Wow. Killer album, this one! Can't wait for 7 Sinners to arrive so I can compare the two. So many great songs here with some infectious choruses. Andi's shrieks are still great... I think my favorite vocal moment (currently) is at the end of the chorus to Years, the way "even you'll see the light" is sung. So good!

It's so good!

And I know this is the SOOH thread, but I FINALLY got my copy of 7 Sinners today and I just finished listening to it once through. Really good album! Not as good as Straight Out Of Hell but still a really solid album and there are some really really cool songs on this one. If A Mountain Could Talk, Sage/Fool/Sinner, Are You Metal?, My Sacrifice... damn!

I'm glad you enjoyed the last two albums man! I know a few fans disparage Deris but he's been the frontman of Helloween for the longest now and personally think these last two albums have been their best stuff in decades.

I don't understand why Deris gets all the hate he does from people. Sure, he butchers Kiske's songs live, and I don't particularly think he's AMAZING live (but not terrible), but he's completely different from Kiske. Dare I say I think he actually has the better voice; he has all sorts of different voices, from his calm, clean singing, to his aggressive yelling, to his fucking insane banshee wails, the guy's got it all, a sound that's pretty unique. And for the last 10+ years he's done a fantastic job singing with the band, which I find astonishing because he's nearly 50 and still sounds like a young metal singer.