Hellsongs

dwoakee

Suboptimization Expert
Mar 31, 2006
NRW, Germany
Does anyone here know about Hellsongs? It's like Simone White did Metal Covers. Great stuff. Gonna buy it the day it's available in Germany.

edit: Well, probably all Scandinavians here know them ...

just bought the hellsongs debut album "hymns in the key of 666" and i have to say it's simply brilliant. a bunch of metal classics played in camp-fire / hippie / ballad style, it is sheer fun to listen to it. you might think it's a parody when they render metallica's "blackened" - one of their bleakest (and greatest) songs imo - as a joyful spring time major chord sing-a-long tune. or when they turn AC/DC's hard-hitting Thunderstruck into a floating, indian-flavoured whisper. or when they twist iron maiden's galloping war song "the trooper" into an elegy. but it isn't satire. there's so much detail to it, so much love put into the interpretation that it seems clear to me that they actually like the originals very much, yet they wanted to put them in a totally different light. which they managed completely. c'mon, if you don't know them ... give them a try.

PS: sorry for bumping my own thread ... but i just had to. i promise, i won't bump it again.