Hellveto - In Arms of Kurpian Phantom

Dark One

The Tainted Dogma
Feb 5, 2002
Southwest Florida
www.ultimatemetal.com
The $6 sale thread yesterday forced me to go back and listen to this album several more times and now I'm pretty much convinced it absolutely rules. Epic symphonic pagan black metal with tr00 vocals and excellent production.

I know most of you have probably heard of these guys, but I'm not sure if this album was ever discussed. Anyway, here's some songs off the album for anyone interested. Too good not to share. :)

Flame and Scream:

http://d50.yousendit.com/D/3BW4U2TL5EGAI3AUTJCR3NZQS7/06%20Flame%20And%20Scream.mp3

Corpse of Monolith:

http://d50.yousendit.com/E/2ORHO3Q1TEMEW25UPIOCVC9MPW/02%20Corpse%20of%20Monolith.mp3

Pleochroism of Black:

http://d50.yousendit.com/D/2BRN2PRHOHRK02VZZX025DNWMZ/04%20Pleochroism%20Of%20Black.mp3

Jason - got your e-mail too. I'll check these samples out tonight. I haven't heard back from the $6 guy either so who knows what's up with that place.

I've been interested in Hellveto for some time now, but with such a massive catalogue I'm at a loss where to begin.
A distro which I will soon get some records from has Medival Scream, which apparnely is a re-released demo.
I can see that J approves, but would you agree with him that that would be a good start?

I need to re-visit this. At first I was blown away by it and recommended it to everyone in our little circle - it was then brought to my attention how horrible the production is on ...Kurpian Phantom and was subsequently convinced I jumped on the bandwagon too soon. I'll revisit soon so I can go back and listen more objectively.

Jason

note to self: when it comes to anything not overly processed and polished through 30,000 unix servers with pro-tools on steroids, do not listen to General Zod and his thoughts on music production.

Remember this is the same person who thought "Enemies of Reality" had crap production. Wait until he hears "Transilvanian Hunger". :tickled:

note to self: when it comes to anything not overly processed and polished through 30,000 unix servers with pro-tools on steroids, do not listen to General Zod and his thoughts on music production.

Remember this is the same person who thought "Enemies of Reality" had crap production. Wait until he hears "Transilvanian Hunger". :tickled:

LOL. Sorry Zod, but this is spot on. :tickled:

i thought Shadow of the BLue/My Eternal Hegemony was very good. Medieval Scream is solid. Zemsta is also very good.

For little risk, regimental records is running $6.66 sale and black plague records is running $8 sale

Would anyone care to upload a couple songs from various albums? I've also been curious about this band for a while.

Bump.
Anyone heard their new one, "966"? It rules.

i cant find it in the US. listening to a bunch of their/his stuff lately. when i listen to it, which is not so often, i really like it. great sympho pagan stuff

if 966 starts off where in the glory of heroes left, then it should be good

Which of these Hellveto releases is the tops?

Hellveto - 966 (digi)
Hellveto - In the Glory of Heroes (digi)
Hellveto - Klatwa
Hellveto - Stos
Hellveto - Visions From the Past + Stony Fathers of Winter (DVD case)
Hellveto - Galeon + Hellveto
Hellveto - Zmierzch

I already own Kurpian and Prelude.