Help get KISS into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
For all you KISS fans out there a buddy of mine and a few friends of is have set up a petition. It just started and it is to help get KISS into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. The petition is located at http://www.petitiononline.com/TSMPET02/petition.html Please go there to read what they have to say about KISS and how they deserved to be in the Hall of Fame in 1999 when they were first eligible and then sign the petition. Like em or not they really deserve to be there. Thanks alot.

Long live rock n roll.

They sure do! :)

If Kiss don't deserve to be there, then who does?!?! They're the ultimate rock & roll band, and its damn hard to find any rock band since that doesn't have at least one member that names Kiss as a major influence.

Originally posted by The Trooper
They sure do! :)

If Kiss don't deserve to be there, then who does?!?! They're the ultimate rock & roll band, and its damn hard to find any rock band since that doesn't have at least one member that names Kiss as a major influence.

BEING A KISS FAN FOR DECADES, I WOULD AGREE ONLY IF SABBATH WAS THERE ALREADY. SABBATH FIRST THEN KISS.

DID AC/DC MAKE IT IN THIS YEAR?!
I THINK THEY DID. THEY JUST SIGNED THAT MULTI-ALBUM DEAL WITH SONY MUSIC EARLIER THIS MONTH....
NOT BAD FOR A BAD THAT ISSUES BASICALLY THE EXACT SAME RECORD EVER TWO YEARS OR SO...
WHAT KIND OF A CHANCE DO BANDS LIKE SCORPIONS & UFO HAVE ON GETTING IN?! GREAT BANDS THAT HAVE INFLUENCED A LARGE NUMBER OF MUSICIANS. IF YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED OUT UFO DO SO YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID.:hotjump:

It would be a crime if Sabbath was not inducted before KISS, I still think its outrageous that soul and R&B artists are in the "rock and roll" hall of fame and Black Sabbath is not.

Originally posted by AngelWitch73
I am surprised they´re not already included there. RUSH needs to be there as well.

Hope you brought a sleeping bag & enough food?
Why? Chances are if you're waiting for Rush to get in it will be a while. Most of these pricks that get to vote are in their late 50's & wear suits & ties as casual clothing. Again, KISS should get in but not before the might Sabbath. Rush will eventually get in I hope, but again it will be a long time before that happens.

I guarantee you both Rush and Sabbath will make it prior to Kiss. Kiss may have influenced all the bands I listen to, but I really don't care for their music. I know their stage presence was great, but musically they kinda suck IMO.

Originally posted by SoulVomitor
I guarantee you both Rush and Sabbath will make it prior to Kiss. Kiss may have influenced all the bands I listen to, but I really don't care for their music. I know their stage presence was great, but musically they kinda suck IMO.

Being a KISS fan for 20 plus years. I used to take offense to these kinds of comments. I would say Sabbath will get in first. Rush?!
Nah! As far as KISS goes, they had a good gimmick with the make up. I think that even Gene & Paul have admitted at some point that with out the paint they were just an average rock band. Unfortunately for the second time, KISS was killed by mass greed & merchandising. And the "never ending" farewell tour....

I agree that Kiss in the last few years has been really crap and as you said killed by greed and mass merchandising... but I think the "neverending farewell tour" that everyone keeps talking about is a bit unfair, at this point anyway. The Farewell Tour was in 2000/2001 and didn't even actually go as long as it was supposed to, they never got to finish it off with Europe and the 4 New York shows they planned because Ace left the band so their last shows were the Australian tour in early 2001. And now this Symphony Show is just as one off show and Paul has called it their "fitting farewell".

So time will only tell if they continue as a live band after this concert but at this point the farewell tour has actually gone shorter than planned and this is supposed to be their final show now. However that is according to Paul, and Gene has said differently a few times. I think with the problems the band is having though it will be the end of Kiss as a live band... Ace doesn't wanna play for them anymore and Peter is too old and would never rejoin for more than a one-off like this. And Gene and Paul would never have a non-makeup Kiss happening again as they are so obsessed with the original lineup nostalgia thing these days.

And without the makeup, Kiss were still not just an average rock band in my opinion. They still had a special vibe surrounding them that no other bands had, and wrote BETTER music with better musicians than they did in the makeup days. Vinnie Vincent, Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick were the best things that ever happened to Kiss.