Help! I need a good Black Metal name!

Sven Pakkanen

Ein Windir
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on, and yes I'm still alive. I've been working a lot and now I'm playing keys for a symphonic black metal band called Mysteriarch (if you haven't heard us you should check us out). The problem is I need a stage name that suits me, and I am terrible with names. I like Germanic and Norse themes, but I don't want it to sound like a viking name. I need it to be dark, and I need it to be something I can take with me to other Black Metal bands. And I definately don't want it to be super cheesy or sound like it came from a generator. The front man came up with Veldravor, which I like, but I don't think it suits me. Anybody think they can help me out? If you could do something like ask me few questions and form something from the answers or something like that that would be great. At work but I'll try to keep in touch.

You're a musician, no? Not to be a jerk, but use some creativity and make a name that applies well to yourself.

Always thought Borborygmos would be a cool name for a metal band. It'd have to be death metal though.

I feel you man haha. I write all the lyrics for my bands but have trouble coming up with names for any of the songs I write. Sat here a good while trying to think of anything for you but I was stymied by things already being taken and or just sucking in the long run. Good luck.

Just don't follow the black metal cliches and name it after some demon or have something to do with coldness or "the North" lol. I've always thought a cool word would be "Solanum" which is the latin for nightshade (the ancient poisonous flower) or "Solanaceae" which is the modern "scientific" title of it.

So you've got a "badass" name (a deadly poison) yet at the same time it's the name of a beautiful flower, which I think is pretty cool. Sort of a femme fatale theme I guess lol. Anyways, that's what I'd name my band if I can ever get our main guitarist out of Virginia :p.

Well, I had a few last night and came up with Nelfaloth and Varenfaal. A little cheesy, but how can you avoid that? Neither mean anything, which is in the end the way I prefer it, and they both sound dark to me. I also want to use a name I can use in my fantasy setting for DnD and they both world work. I think I prefer Nelfaloth, but what do you guys think?