Help Me Choose An Interface

PetyaVenikov

Cheesemaster
Jun 8, 2007
Hello

I am looking for a relatively lesser-priced guitar interface for my computer [$100-200 range]; from reading on everybody's opinions regarding fire-wire v.s. usb the clearer winner seems to be fire-wire; but in the case of compatibility, reliability, and over all features I am at odds between two interfaces:
Line 6 TonePort UX2 and PreSonus Inspire 1394, any ideas?

thank you.

if it´s only guitar toneport will do, but u know...we always want to connect more things sooner or later....

The PCI card is an interesting solution, but unfortunately because of my computers' [ more so companies' ] expandability restraints its extremely inconvenient if not near impossible to replace/put in new sound-cards.. I'll research this further, as of right now, I am still at odds with picking an interface.. any damning suggestions that would make me decide indefinitely?

thanks again.

I would say the Toneport UX2, cuz it actually does have two mic inputs, as well all the modeling stuff for both mic preamps (I don't have any experience, but I doubt they're anything that special) and guitar stuff

Yeah, the MOTU 8pre is nice...but as I said, unfortunately, i can't afford anything more that 200 right now; thanks a lot for the input, seems like TonePort will be the choice.

thanks again.

check out the m-audio jamlab its about 20 euros and you can run it with pro tools which you can download it at http://forum.audionews.ru/ but you have to be subsricbed to the site which you can only do only the second of the month in order to download.