Help me choose an audio interface - 150 euros budget.

Catalin

Oct 19, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hello !
I want to buy an USB audio interface, with an budget of 150 euros. Here are my requirements from this interafce:
-record guitar/bass and vocals so i don't need more than 2 inputs
-i want to be able to do some reamping later
-as little as possible lag when i use ampsims
-stable drivers - for windows vista or 7
I am a completely noob when it comes to recording. But i want to start learning. I ask you because i don't want to spend money on something which i lather find that is not so useful for the above purposes.
I already have an Radial JDI and i use instruments with active pu's.
Thank you very much for your time guys !

Thanks very much for the answers guys !
From what i have read i understood that Lexicon Omega don't have drivers for 64bit windows.
Another short question: how big is the difference between usb 1.0 and usb 2.0 when i play guitar or bass trough an amp simulator? I mean is there any significant improvement from the point of view of lag or delay?
I'm thinking to buy one of these :
-Focusrite Saffire 6 USB
-M-AUDIO Fast Track Pro
-Emu 0404
Now how can i decide on one of them.... :dopey:
If you have any suggestion please enlighten me :)
Thank you again for your time !

Salut Laszlo ! ma bucur ca mai sunt romani pe aici :wave:

Well USB 2.0 is a newer wersion defineatly faster, and you got better latency for shure, but since you track usualy one track at a time i don`t think that latency it will be a problem in your case , maybe on mixing( i mean you can freez the tracks with the plugins on inserts)
I say choose the one that has the better conversion and the stabilest drivers for Windows7, and skip using Wista from start if you want my opinion.(try a quick search on gearslutz to see the reviews of the units)

Edit: Just realised that you are from the band Avatar, i have to say congratulations for the new release, i was impressed that you had the oportunity to work with Tue Madsen, i realy enjoy the mix,
Tue is one of the greatest engineers, realy enjoy his work.

Well the "PRO" in this particular case means that you can use this soundcard with Pro Tools M-powered8 :), and none of the above mentioned sound cards are proffesional products, nobody mentioned that, but i heard impressive results with units in this price range to.