Help me come up with a business idea

Crysiss

Mar 25, 2006
So yea, as the title says, but ill give you the information.

Next semester, im going to be given $5000 dollars to start my own business or service whatever. I get to keep 90% of the profits. Now what I want to do is something that is metal-oriented or just music. Another plus is whatever I buy, I will be keeping it.

So say if I decide to help locals record demos and I purchase, say a 24 track recording workstation, I get to keep the workstation after the semester is done. Great opportunity huh?o_O

So whats your thoughts on a business I could start up? And I cant rent a store or anything:ill: Please keep it realistic.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I was looking at a few other forums that I post at, but they were all too strict and such. Thank you for your time.

If a mod feels this should be moved to another subforum, be my guest. :)

You could host a metal fest with some local metal bands and charge admission and sell merch and stuff :headbang:

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. The thing is, the locals that play here always play here. I also dont know if Id be able to get a band to come here:lol:

We've had Cryptopsy and Skinless here a few months ago, that was fun. I just dont know if id be able to get a decently known act around here though.

patent air.

Great idea. lemme get right on that.

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. The thing is, the locals that play here always play here. I also dont know if Id be able to get a band to come here:lol:

We've had Cryptopsy and Skinless here a few months ago, that was fun. I just dont know if id be able to get a decently known act around here though.

Where do you live??

I don't know anything about this business, but you could probably find some info on the internet about this stuff or if you get in touch with some people involved in the scene in your area. Anyways, just an idea :)

Cheers :kickass:

Where do you live??

I don't know anything about this business, but you could probably find some info on the internet about this stuff or if you get in touch with some people involved in the scene in your area. Anyways, just an idea :)

Cheers :kickass:

I live in Northwestern Ontario, Canada in a city called Thunder Bay. Theres nearly a 100,000 people here.
That actually sounds like a good idea. We got Kataklysm coming on March 4th actually. But these concerts are usually planned months in advance. I get off school in May:Smug:

So I would probably have to get a band from say the Minnesota area or Ontario. Minnesota is only a few hours away. Wisconsin is not far off as well.

Possibly even Illinois.

I actually dont even know if ill make cash from a concert. :zombie:
I have to make money in order to pass this course:loco:

haha not really legit or anything but a year ago at school me and a mate bought slabs of coke (where each can costs 45 cents or something) and sold them for $1.20. nice profit but i doubt youd be allowed and its not related in any way to metal:lol:

haha not really legit or anything but a year ago at school me and a mate bought slabs of coke (where each can costs 45 cents or something) and sold them for $1.20. nice profit but i doubt youd be allowed and its not related in any way to metal:lol:

Haha fucking oath, $5000 grand of coke could make you some serious profit, but like my friend who got caught by the teacher, u could end up with your coke confiscated or worse, fined for selling without a permit by the cops... i still say give it a go for Biggsy's sake :kickass: :lol: