help me decide

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
I have 1000 euros to spend in a new guitar head, but I can't decide.

Those are my option :

1) Laboga Mr.Hector ( demo unit ) for th price of 900 eu
2) Used marshall jvm 410 for 900 eu
3) Used peavey xxx for 700 or less

What do you think?
I'm really interesting in the Mr .Hector.......

Personally, I'd get the Hector over the XXX, but then again you could use that extra 200 bucks to get another piece of gear you could want.

And as for buying demo unit, I say YES! They're usually in top condition and the only thing it does is save you money.

I'd be fine with buying a demo unit as well since generally they still maintain the original manufacturer's warranty so if it goes tits up in a few days or a month you can still get it fixed or replaced.

I don't know how the laboga can react with my guitar, but I'm really intrigued about the Mr.Hector

i haven't heard the mr. hector, but out of the other two triple xxx all the way.

marshall jvm is noisy as fuck, has stupid amounts of gain, and to my ears tries to be a jack of all trades (classic rock all the way to modern metal) but doesn't excel at either one. the high gain sounds aren't defined enough, the low gain ones don't have that classic marshall character.

but then again, jcm 800 2203 is the be all end all marshall in my book, as long as you don't need a clean channel hehe.

triple xxx, well crillemannen posted a peavey amps comparison not too long ago....exodus atrocity exhibition A / shovel headed kill machine are prime examples of that xxx tone too.

but well, wait: get a mr. hector, and do some clips so i can finally hear what they sound like! :D