Help me mix a HIRAX project... $$$$

John Haddad (Shiva Industries)

Dump Truck Repairs
Nov 17, 2005
Corona, CA
www.trenchstudio.com
I have an album project with HIRAX which consists of two separate sessions and two separate drummers total of 13 songs. I am currently SUPER busy with other projects and wanted to see if someone here wanted to take a stab @ it? The job would pay to the right person (not very much though). :erk:

Skills needed are drum, vocal and misc. edits. The session may require drums samples, definitely kick samples. The project was tracked fast and for little money so the magic needs to made during the mix....

Here's a short sample link one of the songs....
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u5wvno

If interested let me know. I believe my email address is located on the download link. If not - cbrcommander@gmail.com

I have set up and FTP for the download of the one song I sampled if anyone cares to mix it.... Looking for serious inquiries though. Take a stab at it! I'm just looking for someone who can handle the intense drum edits this puppy needs. Mainly just poorly played kick drums and weak fills. DAMN DRUMMERS!!!!! :heh:

I've heard some damn good mixes here of your own stuff guys so lets see what you've got. :)

I wish I had more time on my hands....

cbrcommander@gmail.com

Can you post a link to that FTP here? Then you can just pick your favourite mix from everyone's posts.

How much $$ are we looking at for the whole project (and I'm assuming this is full drum editing as well as the mix and possible master..)?

I don't wanna tie down the FTP with inquiries. I'm not really at the point where I want everybody to be able to download it quite yet. If its something you wanna give a go just email me for the FTP link. :)

I hope you can understand I cant really discuss the money aspect here on the site. I will say it won't be a whole lot. Its pretty much a mix it send it back to me and we go from there kinda thing. I have to get HIRAX's approval on the mix then we'll talk money based on quality of product.

Thanks guys,
John

I'd humbly suggest that you tell anyone who wants to get involved what their fee will be BEFORE they do any work. It's simply not the type of thing for an informal arrangement.

Yeah, definitely. I'm not saying that you will scam people, but this sounds a little "unprofessional". "Do the work, and I'll pay you IF I like it".

Agreed. How about putting up a short multitrack (30s or whatever you feel comfortable with) so people can try it out, pick the one you are willing to pay for and then discussing the payment details before the actual work starts?

I agree with you guys completely about the wording on here sounding "unprofessional".... And for that I apologize. I guess I figured if somebody had the free time and the ability they would contact me. The files are welcomed to be downloaded and looked at, I guess I figured once you saw the files you would know at that point if it was something you would or would not be interested in taking on.

You guys had a good idea to maybe just sample mix a portion of the song, just to see how well it was going....

Thanks in advance

And what about passion about sound, music and Metal ??
If I can have my name on the credits of an Hirax album, I'll do it for free :headbang:
And maybe this stuff can get me in touch with people for other projects...

Really? I might have guessed... I sent the link to a good handful of people and they are all probably downloading it as we speak.

The ftp is located on one of those hard drives that acts as a personal server but the download speed is based upon my upload limit from my cable internet provider. I'd say maybe try it in a little bit, or any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had a dedicated FTP source. The files are about 3.3 gigs total. :erk:

Hey guys we decided to go a different route to get this album finished.... things back-fired on my end and I regret to have to pull the FTP server down.

Thanks for all the replies and interest, wish things turned out differently but unfortunately that was completely out of my control. :erk:

I will email everyone personally that was given the FTP link to the files.