Help me name my fishies

yeah well.... fish in tanks that don't get many water changes usually don't thrive and don't remain in good health... so for the long run: it was prolly not a good idea to throw in chemicals and change it every 6 months.. especially goldfish that are the no.1 Amonia and waste creaters..
but oh well :) It was, as you said, several years ago :)

I used to have ryukin goldfish (2) in a 2.5 gl tank because none of the shops told me that it was unhealthy. I lost many good fishies that way. :cry: So now I'm kinda water paranoid with my fish. Lucky them.

I made the mistake of not really remembering the name of 'em, just that they're platies. But oh so adorable.

hey, I love fish. I'm huge into the hobby... sorry, I do find fish cute.
Emily: they look like Sunset Platys from the picture but it's hard to tell...
and yeah... most goldfish do not belong in tanks, IMO.
but if one insists on keeping them in a tank, then the tank has to be big (one fish per 5-6 gallons of water, where in a regular community tank it's approx 1 fish per 1.5 gallon depending on the fish and it's size of course)
Goldfish need a lot of oxygen in the water, regular water changes, and good filteration... most people only have goldfish for about "3-5" years and that's only 1/6th of their life span.... blah.
That's why I hate goldfish in tanks... they belong in ponds...
I'll be quiet now.
:cool:

hey, I love fish. I'm huge into the hobby... sorry, I do find fish cute.
Emily: they look like Sunset Platys from the picture but it's hard to tell...
and yeah... most goldfish do not belong in tanks, IMO.
but if one insists on keeping them in a tank, then the tank has to be big (one fish per 5-6 gallons of water, where in a regular community tank it's approx 1 fish per 1.5 gallon depending on the fish and it's size of course)
Goldfish need a lot of oxygen in the water, regular water changes, and good filteration... most people only have goldfish for about "3-5" years and that's only 1/6th of their life span.... blah.
That's why I hate goldfish in tanks... they belong in ponds...
I'll be quiet now.
:cool:

See, I wish the people I bought the fish from told me all that. Nope, just handed me the tank and the fish without a word. Yeah, I think fishies are cute, too.:)