Help me name that tune.

extar

New Metal Member
Aug 5, 2012
Heckmondwike
www.extarscube.com
You probably won't remember the advert at all, but in 2002 Toyota did an advert for their Rav4 car in the UK that had some awesome music right at the end. The clip is like 3 seconds long and I can't find any info on what it is.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M71gXzGHuc8#t=1m34s

This has been bugging me for a long time... probably since 2002.

I apologise for inflicting a Nic Cage trailer on you (it follows the Rav4 ad)

Speculation, I'd guess it's something from the late eighties, hence why I posted it here. It sounds a bit like Overkill or maybe King Diamond...

Yes it's metal, and yes it's high pitched, and damn if I can get it :lol:

Carnut or Hawk may help, they're amazing with this type of stuff.

Pretty tough when you try to search for the lyric "bombs have been planted." :err: or at least that's what I think it says... I can't make out the 2nd half of it. "Planted with" or "Plant them with" something.

Song sounds more current to 2002 than to the late 80s, if I were to guess.

Tried Shazam, but too short...My guess was Damien Thorne, have to listen to the "Sign of the Jackhal" album one of the days...

Sometimes this place gives me the creeps :p

Gee, thanks for putting your burden upon us! :)
Could be the commercial producer's kid's garage band demo or something...

Sounds a lot like Crimson Glory circa-Transcendence (especially 'Red Sharks'), although it definitely isn't from that album. Whatever it is, I'd love to know. Since it's a British commercial maybe it's a local band, although I'm not aware of any from there that play that style of traditional/power.

It's great that I'm actually finding out about new bands here that are brilliant. Transcendence sounds the closest of the lot. Frankly, I'm amazed Toyota managed to find something so obscure since the rest of the advert series just used Buzzcocks 'What Do I Get'