help me out here, let me know what you think of this...

exafro

Jul 5, 2007
What's up guys? I don't post here often, but there is alot of sick sounding stuff flowing on these boards and I would like to get a few opinions on a new song I'm working on. Here's the clip: Wretched. Anything that really stands out as a mistake please let me know.

I find the snare sounding funny, think should have mopre peak and room, not so much 'in your face'. The rest is great, I like the tune also!

I think the acoustic guitars at the start need to be mic instead of using the 1/4" out, or perhaps a blend of the two.

cymbals are a bit loud, as well as the snare. you could add some reverb to the snare to break up some of the intensity. the song has a got a nice groove though, I like how it's written.

I find the snare sounding funny, think should have mopre peak and room, not so much 'in your face'. The rest is great, I like the tune also!
I think the acoustic guitars at the start need to be mic instead of using the 1/4" out, or perhaps a blend of the two.

cymbals are a bit loud, as well as the snare. you could add some reverb to the snare to break up some of the intensity. the song has a got a nice groove though, I like how it's written.
Thanks for the listen and the suggestions guys! I'll work on the snare and the EQ on the acoustic stuff. I don't own a mic so I have to DI it. Any good EQ tips regarding that?