Help me out, need honest opinions on a job

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
Obviously i am unhappy at the job i'm at now so i've been submitting resumes to a few places.

I submitted a resume to this one company 2 times in the last 6 months but haven't received a callback yet. I even called to follow up and tried to reach their HR(Human Resources) department and it seems to be nonexistent.

Anyway, a friend of mine is a driver and picks up from this company once a week and one of the employees told him that 1-2 workers there is rumored to be leaving in the next month or so.

Is it okay for me to keep calling and checking the status of my application once a week?
At what point do i become a burden for calling too often or does this show initiative?

Give me some tips fellas...

yes. when i was first starting out the only way i got jobs was by going in every week to talk to the manager. making sure they knew who i was and i wanted the job. i see it as taking initiative.

whats the worst that can happen? they dont hire you. and judging by what theyre doing now, probably wont get around to it
~gR~

Yeah, I don't see the down side of continuing to contact them at reasonable intervals. The only problem is if you are not a good worker with a good work ethic, and then they hire you and you end up sucking. I think as long as you keep it reasonable, it will be seen as persistent and proactive IMO. And even if you become a bit of a "squeaky wheel", that's not all bad, especially if you get oiled!! I mean, when they find themselves in a position of needing someone, you're probably the first thing that will come to their mind.

Obviously i am unhappy at the job i'm at now so i've been submitting resumes to a few places.

I submitted a resume to this one company 2 times in the last 6 months but haven't received a callback yet. I even called to follow up and tried to reach their HR(Human Resources) department and it seems to be nonexistent.

Anyway, a friend of mine is a driver and picks up from this company once a week and one of the employees told him that 1-2 workers there is rumored to be leaving in the next month or so.

Is it okay for me to keep calling and checking the status of my application once a week?
At what point do i become a burden for calling too often or does this show initiative?

Give me some tips fellas...

i think it's very acceptable.

Is this because of the heights thing? What is the job you're interested in? Surely it won't contain the same amount of glamour that being a comms tech does. :p

There's nothing wrong with calling once a week. It shows you are still interested in working for the company, but at the same time you aren't showing that you can be an annoying, desperate pest. Good luck on getting the job.

Is this because of the heights thing? What is the job you're interested in? Surely it won't contain the same amount of glamour that being a comms tech does. :p
haha its not because of being up at the pole.
My ComTech position where i'm at now is the most stressful job ive ever had. They expect ridiculous amounts out of me(at least 8 jobs a day) along with other bullshit i won't mention, without the pay i deserve. I was making 5 dollars more an hour at my last job.

Good luck on getting the job.
Thanx brah

shaka_02.png

haha its not because of being up at the pole.
My ComTech position where i'm at now is the most stressful job ive ever had. They expect ridiculous amounts out of me(at least 8 jobs a day) along with other bullshit i won't mention, without the pay i deserve. I was making 5 dollars more an hour at my last job.

Yeah that sounds like a rather shite arrangement indeed. I work as a sub-contractor, so I get paid per job (quite well too) and I do as much as I can, or as much as I want depending on finances and energy levels.

Sounds like a sweet deal over there.
The hours get out of hand too, sometimes i won't get home til 9pm when i rolled in there at 7:30am so i would love to work at my own pace like you do.

Its a big numbers game over here and it tends to get out of hand. I am graded on Productivity, On-Time, Home Certifications(in which you use your signal meter to make sure the house is 100% before you can leave :erk: ), Repeats etc etc. If you don't meet their requirements for the month they'll write you up or who knows what. Theres never recognition for my initiative.

Sounds like a sweet deal over there.
The hours get out of hand too, sometimes i won't get home til 9pm when i rolled in there at 7:30am so i would love to work at my own pace like you do.

Yeah I do days like that as well if it's really busy. The pay is a good incentive though.

Its a big numbers game over here and it tends to get out of hand. I am graded on Productivity, On-Time, Home Certifications(in which you use your signal meter to make sure the house is 100% before you can leave :erk: ), Repeats etc etc. If you don't meet their requirements for the month they'll write you up or who knows what. Theres never recognition for my initiative.

Same over here without the home certifications pretty much. I haven't run into too many dramas with it though, mainly due to my ultra-awesomeness. :cool:

Good luck with the new job.