Help me out...

Darkhav

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2003
Stockholm/Sweden
Visit site
OK, I have an Ibanez SA260FM (http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_sweden.html)

I love to play it so I don't want to switch guitar but I wonder if it would do any good to change the bridge pickup to something more expensive than the original one. I usually play doom metal and I would like to have something with more sustain and power.

I have a Roland Cube 30W Amp.

My question is:

Should I buy another pickup (if yes, witch?) or should I spend my money on a multieffect pedal or two effect pedals (witch?), witch one is the most importaint?

And what is the BIG difference in using many effect pedals just one multieffect?

I know it's many hard(?) questions, but please try...

I play an Ibanez RG250 through a Digitech RP200, into a Fender Princeton 65. Yeah, the multi-effects can sounds kinda fake sometimes, but for $150 new, its a good unit. I can get quite a few metal sounds from it, and it has an expression pedal that comes in handy at times. As far as a heavy, dark, crushing bottom end sound, look into a metal distortion pedal designed for bass guitar. I had one for a while that sounded absolutely brutal, and all I had at the time for an amp was a little 15 watt Marshall.

I'd think a nice dark and gritty pickup like the EMG 85 would be sufficient in the bridge... I love the 85 as a bridge pickup, but mostly play technical death.

Good multieffects? TC Electronics G-Major, will cost you about 300, and you'll need some kind of midi controller to switch while playing.