help me pick 2 speakers

pick one of each speakertype

• Total voters

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
yo,
just micing the (not broken in) speakers of the ubercab, trying to find out which t75 I like better and which v30 I like better.

for that purpose I placed the mic dead center (to make sure I've got the same position on all the speakers), so the sound overall is not great of course, I just did this test to decide which one of the speakers I like better.....turns out I like them all, help me! ;)

you've got two votes, one vote for one of the v30s and the other vote for one of the t75 (please don't pick 2xv30 or so)

TL 75
BR 75
TR 30
BL 30

thanks....proper clips of the cab will be following soon!

both bottom ones for me....

yep, same here....bummer, means I have to flip the cab around for recording all the time, lol.

btw, really having a tough time here capturing the awesomeness it's got in the room...don't get me wrong, it sounds great recorded, but live it sounds better than any cab I've heard before...haven't really been able to capture that under the mic yet....still working on it

here's the first try of the 2 speakers combined (sm57 on both speakers, the t75 like 3-3.5dB lower in the mix):

combined

this shows not even 40% of how awesome it sounds in the room....I'll definitely have to keep working on it, I do really like the combination of those speakers though, kind of a fresh sound, doesn't feel like I've heard it a million times before.
cab is a tiny bit boomy though, will perhaps need a MB comp with this every now and then (never using it on the mesa cab)

Bottom Right 75, Top Right 30. The bottom right 30 is too fizzy for me.

live it sounds better than any cab I've heard before...haven't really been able to capture that under the mic yet....still working on it

That was my problem with the Mills Cabinet. It completely ANNIHILATED in the room, but the Mesa beat it out under the microphone, hence why I no longer own a Mills.