Help me with my mix.

Failedcreation

New Metal Member
Jan 22, 2012
Hi, this is my first post on the forum I've been looking around here for a while now and would like to get some good feedback and tips for my mixes.
Mixing is not my job and i dont study it at a school or university. So ive been slowly progressing, mix by mix and now I've hit a wall.
I've noticed that alot of people here have a got that CD quality volume on there mixes and it feels like they im missing out on something.
Anyways enough of my rambling.

For this i used Superior Drummer 2.0 for the drums as i dont have a drum kit or drummer sitting on my lap. For guitars i used Revalver
and the bass is my Normal electric guitar pitch dropped by -12 to get a quick bass as i dont own one and re-amped with ampeg

Any eq tips and compression tips would be apreciated. :D

http://soundcloud.com/failedcreation/mix-test-2

Could we get some stems to see what we can do with it?

In terms of EQ, shelf the low end at about 50 (I do 44 hz because that's as low as my monitors go).
You also need a master limiter or maximiser.

Sorry im new here, Stems are?

and im using izotope ozone 5 to get things louder already. and for the eq tips do you mean general or in a spercific place?

Correction: raw tracks.
Raw tracks are the guitar tracks and bass tracks without distortion or any effects, and the MIDI drum tracks.

Personally, I don't recommend Izotope.
I mix everything at a low volume, then master it loud afterwards.
For the EQ, I'm talking about on the master buss.