Help Me With My Shit Life

Line666

Fendurr
Sep 2, 2006
So I'm in the perilous position of not knowing two people to rub together (I am such an amiable guy after all) and having to do some "market research" for some guff business plan for my audio tech course (I should say that the course isnt really about engineering as much as programming stuff for audio but thats by the by) anyway I'm in some group and got selected to do this so for our own conceived business idea, so to not do it would be detrimental to the numbers I get on the piece of paper I am handed at the end of this when they kick me out the door after teaching me nothing and giving me some free debt, so I would be much obliged if you guys could help my jaded self by giving input to a few questions.

I should say that the idea really isnt mine, so I don't give a toss if you think its total bollocks or even if you actually say that; it'll give me something interesting to legitimately quote when I assault my next business essay with more of the social wisdom of William Blake, so shoot.

The idea is a sort of "classifieds" for audio engineers where people can advertise or request services, this of course is not really different from most classifieds other than the fact that it would be exclusive to this section of the market and as such wouldnt be saturated by people trying to sell stolen phones, so it would be sold on the idea that it was "exclusive", anyway, on to the questions:

1. Are you a professional, semi-professional or hobbyist in the audio industry?
2. Would you be interested in such as a services as described above in any capacity?
3. Would you ever pay for an more heavily advertised listing (ie raised or promoted - kinda like ebay) if you felt it would beneficially increase interest in your services?
4. If so, how much?
5. Is this idea better or worse than the last Michael Bay movie you watched?
6. No, seriously, because I have to get this down on paper, good or bad?
7. Even Megan Fox couldnt save Transformers could she?
8. I didnt get where I am today by using online listings, yes or no?
9. Would you be interested in stolen phones?

Thanks in advance lads, cheers! :D

Öwen;9496604 said:
1. Are you a professional, semi-professional or hobbyist in the audio industry?
2. Would you be interested in such as a services as described above in any capacity?
3. Would you ever pay for an more heavily advertised listing (ie raised or promoted - kinda like ebay) if you felt it would beneficially increase interest in your services?
4. If so, how much?
5. Is this idea better or worse than the last Michael Bay movie you watched?
6. No, seriously, because I have to get this down on paper, good or bad?
7. Even Megan Fox couldnt save Transformers could she?
8. I didnt get where I am today by using online listings, yes or no?
9. Would you be interested in stolen phones?

Thanks in advance lads, cheers! :D

1. professional
2. no
3. yes if I felt it would beneficially increase interest in my business, but I don't
4. n/a
5. worse
6. It's bad because if this is honestly a "business plan" you won't be able to make any money with your business, in my opinion no one is going to pay for something like this. It's a half assed idea, and for the live engineering/production end of the field there are already sites like crewspace (which is exclusive and you have to be invited by another AE professional) and roadiejobs. The guys who are already making good money don't need it, and the lower end of the market will not be willing to pay.
7. no she could not
8. definitely not, word of mouth, if you are good, they will come
9. no

Scathing, love it, thank you :lol:

If everyones opinion is as negative as this, keep em coming, It'll give me more to say.

1. semi-professional.
2. no, not really.
3. no.
4. N/A
5. The Island had Scarlett Johansson, sorry.
6. bad, like an overly specific version of craigslist
7. she's really not that hot.
8. no, I didn't.
9. yes.

"50% of respondents did, however, indicate an interest in the illicit purchase of mobile phones"

:lol:

1. Semi-prof
2. probably not
3. If it was guaranteed to increase business and only if things changed a bit to allow me more free time to make it worthwhile
4. Depends on the amount of hypothetical increased free time
5. Not really
6. Not the best I've heard
7. No she couldn't but even my wife touches herself a little when watching something with MF in it ... as she quietly whispers the word "bitch" over and over
8. Anywhere I may be has not been due to using such services, its accomplished through old school hustling and some word of mouth
9. No ... I'd rather buy one to maintain a legit status

Cheers Carlos, and guys I realise how stupid this probably all sounds, but its just to keep the jobsworths happy.

My flatmate just did this and identified himself as a "raging-semi professional" :lol:

I should explain question 8, its actually based on a popular catchphrase from a 70's BBC Comedy, The Rise and Fall Of Reginald Perrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
1. hobbyist.
2. no.
3. no.
4. N/A
5. Michael Bay blows
6. I don't see the demand for it
7. she's overrated
8. didn't get nowhere business-wise yet
9. no thanks

1. 736th degree Anal Bleach Master
2. No, AIDS man
3. See above
4. If I did, I would need at the very least 3 condoms
5. See Jeff's answer
6. It's goood
7. Maybe if she hooked up with Scarlett in full on lezbo action, on film.
8. True brother, true
9. Not at all, stolen jelly, well yes.

1. Semi-pro/pro.
2. No.
3. Depends on the amount of exposure I could get.
4. See above. I can't really say "I'd pay a hundred quid" without knowing how many people would be seeing the advert, how many of those would approximately click my link and in what timeframe. But let's say I got an advert on the site, which would be seen by 10.000 people, and about 100 of those people clicked the link, and five or ten of those would ask me for a quote, and with luck ONE of those would end up being a paid gig. So not much :)
5. Who the fuck is Michael Bay? :O
6. It's not a good idea, because such sites only attract the AE's and not their potential customers.
7. Jessica Alba could have. And hey, I actually considered both Transformers pretty entertaining. Shit, does this affect the validity of my answers in this survey?
8. Nope.
9. Got any iPhones or Desires?

That'll do lads, I'm up to 10 total including this, 9 human beings, 1 computer identifying as a professional, so thank you for your input, I'm gonna ask around on my course for some positive answers to balance things out a bit, cos people are always too polite to say anything bad on a personal basis. :lol:

1. Kill Yourself
2. Kill Yourself
3. Kill Yourself
4. Kill Yourself
5. Kill Yourself
6. Kill Yourself
7. Kill Yourself
8. Kill Yourself
9. YES OH GOD YES YES YESSSSSSSSS HNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HUFF HUFF HUFF