Help needed with my new studio setup [SSL X-desk, SSL Alpha link, Saffire 56...]

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Hello, I´m saving money for my new investment: a SSL X-desk (http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/xlogic x-desk/), a SSL Master Bus clone and a pultec clone. I want to experiment routing buses on Sonar to the ADAT outputs of Saffires, then into the converter, and the analog outs into the X-Desk where I´ll have the compressor and Eq as inserts.
My goal is to have everything clear before spend so much money.
Right now I use the analog outs of my SSL Alpha link to my monitors, so I route ADAT 1.1&1.2 outs on saffire´s mixmatrix. But I can´t figure it out how to setup everything with these new gear...
My rough idea is: Route every track of the project to a bus, then set the bus out to my ADAT outputs, then in the converter take those outputs straight to the x-desk, is that all??? This way I should connect my monitors to the X-desk right?? Do I have to take back the signal to computer???

Any input&advice would be hiiiiiighly appreciated, or even if you think I can spend my money in more crucial equipment.

Thanks and merry christmas!!!