HELP THD HOT PLATE PROBLEM!

Hey everyone, i just bought a Purple 8 ohm hot plate to connect to my 5150, which is set to 8 ohms. i plugged the speaker output of the 5150 to the "input from the amp" on the hotplate, set the hot plate to load, then connected a cable from the line out into my interface... now the problem is, my bulbs dont light up... and the fan doesnt move, how will i know if its really attenuating or not?
anyone?

The fan won't turn on until you get the volume up a bit.... Also, is the bulb switch on? I don't have my rig in front of me, but these things won't happen until you get the volume up, maybe above "2" on the master, and hit a chord. When you're not playing the attenuator will appear to be doing nothing.

Line out goes to your interface and use the line out volume to adjust the input to the interface.

I usually turn the master up to 4-6 when using a hotplate. Let your ears be the judge.

When you use the HP set to load, you don’t need to connect to the cab, but it’s still a good idea in case you forget and switch it off load.

My guess is either the light bulb is blown, or as 53 mentioned, the amp is not cranked up enough, or the switch is set to bulbs-off.

To check it out, just take it off load (connect cab first :)), set to 12 or 16db and dime the amps master vol.

From the manual:

IMPORTANT: WHEN AMP IS ON IT MUST BE CONNECTED TO A SPEAKER.
The only exception to this is if the amp is connected to the Hot Plate and the Hot Plate is set at load.

Q. What is the function of the light on the front panel of the Hot Plate?
A. This is part of a noise reduction system that noticeably cuts down the amount of hiss
and hum that reaches the speakers. The light will glow more brightly when you are playing through an amp set at full output.

Q. How do the fan and light bulb work without being plugged into the wall? Are there batteries in the Hot Plate?
A. The fan and light bulb are powered by the signal coming from your amp (originally generated by you playing your guitar).
Thus when you stop playing, the fan stops moving. So, no, there are no batteries in the Hot Plate.

Q. What should I do if the lamps do not glow even when I am playing through the amp at full output?
A. The bulbs may need to be replaced. The Hot Plate will still function, but the noise reduction system cannot work if the light bulbs are blown.
Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screws from the sides of the Hot Plate, then slide the chassis out.
Simply remove the light bulbs and replace them with ones of the same value (24V for the 4Ω, 8Ω and 16Ω models; 12V for the 2Ω and 2.7Ω models).
The easiest way to remove the bulbs is by prying up one end of the bulb with a pen or small screwdriver.
These bulbs are available through any THD dealer or directly from THD.