Help! The Cover Song Thread...

Till Fjalls

¥¤ÆZµ
May 21, 2001
* Toronto *
fade.to
)Hey there, I would like some opinions on some covers my band will be choosing from. We have them all rehearsed already, but we'd like a song that:

A) is technically impressive yet enjoyed by a lot of metal listeners.
B) A song that you don't hear bands cover often (Ie, the audience moght be surprised when they realize what it is)

Here is the list of songs to choose from:
Emperor-Ye EntrancemPerium
Emperor-Curse You All men
Emperor-An Elegy of Icaros
Death-Spirit Crusher
Death-Scavenger of Human Sorrows
Death-The Philosopher

That's All for the moment, but If you have any suggestions, let me know, we are open (too bad it may take us a few years to reach your town though...:p

Thanks!

OH OH AN ELEGY OF ICAROS, AN ELEGY OF ICAROS!!!!!!!!!! As long as you guys can properly give respect to Ihsahn's beautiful vocals on that song that would have to be it!! My favorite song off of IX and what a suprise it would be to see a band cover that!
If not that than definately Ye Entrancemperium, but I would go with Icaros.

Well I have kind of rethought it and even thought An Elegy of Icaros is my favorite song on that list, I don't know if it is the best Live song out of those. Spirit Crusher would be badass, can your drummer do the drumming in that song?!?! It's insane! I think Either Spirit Crusher or An Elegy of Icaros are it, but I still think that Icaros is my pick, I love that song!

Thanks for the ideas, I really like Elegy myself as well...The vocals though are the main issue, as you pointed out, we'll have to see what we can do in the clean department first...

Yeah, our drummer is amazing. He's 17 too, to make it even crazier!:eek: He can pull off Spirit Crusher no problem at all, (I think Scavenger of Human Sorrows is more impressive though!)

And playing Ye Entrancemperium with a good drummer is one of life's most intense musical experiences ever!