The "I'd Like DT to Cover This Song" Thread

Defiance

I vårens ljusa kvällar
Hej all!

A perfectly not-serious thread! Do you love a specific song that you think would sound brilliant if DT were to cover it?

Post it here! It'd also be interesting to give a reason why the band should cover it.

My songs:

Ace of Base: Living in Danger

Did you know they're from Göteborg too? :p

Depeche Mode: Walking in My Shoes.

DT loves Depeche Mode. I love Depeche Mode. My favourite song is "Walking in My Shoes". Need I say more?

Earth - Ouroboros is broken or Rise to Glory.

Because they're my favourite songs right now and they have no lyrics and they're slow as fuck and i bet DT can't do it.

Prepare for weird and completely fucking random.

When I was writing my DT mega-review, I was listening to a lot of different things, all of which were not metal. I find that sonic assault of metal tends to gum up your ears and brain, and it should be periodically rinsed away with softer things; 90's radio rock, jazz, classical piano, etc. I happened to have gotten into Allison Crowe in a big way at the time. She's a bit of an over-singer, but I think that's part of her charm. Anyway, since I was diving in and out of DT, I managed to formulate in my head exactly what this song would sound like with Mikael growling through the chorus.

(song starts at about 0:40)

You...You can't leave...You can't open the door....

Also, I should just throw out there for anyone that is unaware that it is highly unlikely that you will ever hear DT cover anything other than label-mate tracks for compilations. That said, someone needs to start a project to DT-ify songs; re-orchestrate and perform with the familiar textures of the band, then hire Mikael to do some session vocals over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did Broken. I was always scorned for liking Sentenced by other metalheads (true story: one time when I was in college, the official ragtag group who were the metal kids asked me what I liked, and when I listed Sentenced as my favorite band I was pegged as a poser).

But then DT went and covered my favorite Sentenced song. And I was vindicated.

That being said, I'm going go to with Stizzle and Siren. I want something special! I want ANY metal band to cover Pat Benatar's Invincible:

As big of a RUSH fan as Mikael is, I would love to see them cover a Rush song.

Or for comedic value, "Welcome Home" by King Diamond. :p

As big of a RUSH fan as Mikael is, I would love to see them cover a Rush song.

Or for comedic value, "Welcome Home" by King Diamond. :p

One word:

Subdivisions.

That's probably the one song DT has to cover.

Earth - Ouroboros is broken or Rise to Glory.

Because they're my favourite songs right now and they have no lyrics and they're slow as fuck and i bet DT can't do it.

*Fanboy speaking*: There's no song DT can't do a cover of, woman!

Demi Lovato - Get Back

I think the growling/rasping could go over well and well hey i admit i like Demi. They won't ever do this but it would be cool

Holy crap I'll go tell my 13-year old sis that there's a metalhead that likes Demi Lovato hahaha.

@ Naglfar: Pat Benatar: Oh yeah. 80s music for an 80s band to cover :D . Wait, you listen to Sentenced? You're such a poser.

@ stizzle: Hadn't listened to Alison Crowe in a loooong time! Thanks for posting; it certainly seems like a very challenging song for DT to cover. Just thinking of Mikael singing that with clear vocals makes me a tad horny haha. Love the bass lines. Getting high now :) .

Now let's see, I'd be interesting for them to cover a song in a language that's not English or Svenska.

I'm thinking of "Hawaii-Bombay" by Mecano.

:lol: now that'd be something hahaha.

And Around the World by Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

And this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRJP8rVg-4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRJP8rVg-4[/ame]

ThereIn lies the beauty ;).
Very nice Defiance. Siren now we all know that no matter what song Dark Tranquillity will decide to cover in the near future, The said cover will never sound Mundane but instead will always sound as if Magic has just brushed our ears.

Erik you are absolutely correct.
Defiance. I am only a high schooler myself, so I hope you can endure any and all horribly structured or poorly written sentences i right. My writing style seems to take certain words out of their context smidgenly, and often my sentence structure is not acceptable to the standard that my teacher bestows upon me and my fellow classmates during my college english course (Dual Credit).

stizzle that shows exactly what i am talking about, i cant believe i just made that stupid mistake lol. Well i used the word smidgenly in the sense that i will take words and just use them out of context from time to time. I am trying to fix said problem but this problem has basically turned into a habit, where i take words out of context without even realizing that i am doing so

I would use the word "fucktardedly" in speech. I may have even written it somewhere, which may be what you are referencing.

I don't know why I'm picking on this ninja guy; I am having the worst week ever and I feel like a zombie.

On topic, DT should cover this song: