help these dudes stay on tour so I can see them in september please.

yea i agree. Only a couple years ago I'd think it be so lame for a band to ask fans for financial help over the internet. Now it's just a reminder of how bad things are getting.

I think it's good. Fuck cash agenda record labels. Good bands that care about having their music heard will find other ways.

In this case, I dislike the band so I will not contribute, but in general I think it's a good idea. I'll give money straight to the bands I like, for sure.

Travel costs are huge now. An average band budget motorhome plus a trailer is going to get 8-10 mpg at best, diesel maybe 12-15. eating $1,000 plus dollars a week in fuel alone. The music industry has dug it's own grave. If it were my way I'd have no problem handing Warel, Jeff, Keith Merrow ,etc, etc, etc 50 bucks cash for a cd or show ticket rather than paying the parasitic black hole chain of demise.

Well Jeff has put out the hat for cash twice now. Once when his van was broken into and robbed, and again to make his album with Merrow.

Pathetic that a guitarist of his caliber has to beg for funding while a barely competent screeching weasel like Jack White gets passed off as a guitar hero.

Yep.. but such is mainstream amerika these days. It's amazing that most of the population can find their way out of their house in the morning.

yea i agree. Only a couple years ago I'd think it be so lame for a band to ask fans for financial help over the internet. Now it's just a reminder of how bad things are getting.

Yep, Jon Gomm and Erik Mongrain have both used pledge campaigns for upcoming releases. And yet certain 'fans' are mystifyingly giving them shit and making accusations of online panhandling.:rolleyes:

I think Louis CK made a huge amount using a similar model.

I think it's good. Fuck cash agenda record labels. Good bands that care about having their music heard will find other ways.

In this case, I dislike the band so I will not contribute, but in general I think it's a good idea. I'll give money straight to the bands I like, for sure.

This.

Travel costs are huge now. An average band budget motorhome plus a trailer is going to get 8-10 mpg at best, diesel maybe 12-15. eating $1,000 plus dollars a week in fuel alone. The music industry has dug it's own grave. If it were my way I'd have no problem handing Warel, Jeff, Keith Merrow ,etc, etc, etc 50 bucks cash for a cd or show ticket rather than paying the parasitic black hole chain of demise.

Yes, This ^

And also, am I the only one who sees this as a bit fucked up?
I love music, don't get me wrong, and I always go out and support/buy, but Arsis raised 14,000 according to this link which I find to be completely useless money that otherwise could have been spent on a better cause :/

a bit of a belated response DL, but I agree. Especially since they moved the show I was seeing another 80 miles or so away so I couldn't go. dickholes.