Help with mix (Post-Rock 'Moving Mountains' Cover)

Siguros

Jul 30, 2011
Newport, UK
Hey guys, I recorded this cover of a Moving Mountains song called Where Two Bodies Lie a while ago with my brother.

It was my first time recording guitars, programming a full song of drums and actually mixing a 22 track song so a pretty big learning curve.

There is no bass on the song as I dont own one, so there is an instant loss in the low end (which I've tried to cover up a bit using Waves MaxxBass).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13387317/movmou mix new.wav
*Updated after Sander's feedback*

Opinions, tips on where to improve?? Many thanks!

The guitars could use a tiny bit more gain.
If you don't have a bass guitar get Zombass or something. 20 bucks for amazing samples.
Also there may be a bit too much reverb on the snare, but i'm not a fan of the snare anyway.
Maybe put some more reverb and delay on the tremolo picked part in the end.

This song is so fucking amazing by the way. MovMou is absolutely fantastic. I've been thinking about covering this song myself.

The guitars could use a tiny bit more gain.
If you don't have a bass guitar get Zombass or something. 20 bucks for amazing samples.
Also there may be a bit too much reverb on the snare, but i'm not a fan of the snare anyway.
Maybe put some more reverb and delay on the tremolo picked part in the end.

This song is so fucking amazing by the way. MovMou is absolutely fantastic. I've been thinking about covering this song myself.

Thanks man, I'll try and get to work on some of the pointers you've given :)

Yeah they're my favourite band, love everything they've put out. They're putting out an acoustic EP with this song on it at the end of the month!