help with my mix

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
been recording a 3 song demo for my new band. The gear we used wasnt the greatest, but we are just looking for something to get out.

http://www.soundclick.com/bryankilco

"DOOM MASTER 1 MP3"

I'm still semi-new to applying eq, comps, limiters to my master mixes. I was wondering if any of you guys could take a listen to my rough mix and give me a few pointers or suggestions. The kick drum needed the most EQing as I said, we were working with kind of poor gear. Guitars were recorded direct with my Fast Track Pro, which I wanted to re-amp but we dont have a DI box or Reamp box....so we may just stick with Revalver II sims and Mesa impulses.

Also, this is my first attempt at recording a full band, and very first attempt ever recording vocals.

Once I imported the wav file into another program to convert it to MP3, I noticed an immediate loss of volume in the track. any way around this?

Thanks guys.

Once I imported the wav file into another program to convert it to MP3, I noticed an immediate loss of volume in the track. any way around this?

Thanks guys.

The loss in volume comes from the compression to mp3. Try converting it at a higher bit rate. A wave is almost always going to sound better than an Mp3.

Im listening at low volume because it is really early in the morning, but it sounds like the vocals get buirred a little by the guitars. Ill have to listen later.

The loss in volume comes from the compression to mp3. Try converting it at a higher bit rate. A wave is almost always going to sound better than an Mp3.

Im listening at low volume because it is really early in the morning, but it sounds like the vocals get buirred a little by the guitars. Ill have to listen later.

yeah, I noticed after I rendered the tracks that the vocals were a tad low. I just feel that I have a really dry sound to everything, even with reverb on the drums and vox. The drumset was in the corner of a room, and mic kit was Sampson, which I dont know too much about. I thought my mix was coming along very well, then I listened to some of your guys' mixes and..... :cry: