Help with Overlorde

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Ok, after seeing some of you guys posting about that Overlorde album I want to hear it. Can some one hook me up with it on SS... HAWK? I can't find copies anywhere but on the label's site and they are too pricey.

Also does anyone have any of the other releases from that label (Sonic Age)?

1. VALKIJA - Avengers of Steel CD (SARECD001)
2. MADE OF IRON - Made of Iron - CD (SARECD002)
3. OVERLORDE - Return of the Snow Giant - CD (SARECD003)

I tried the other 2 bands mp3's and liked them.
http://www.sonicagerecords.com

I'm waiting for the Overlorde album since supposedly The End is going to distribute it. Today is their online chat release

Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on more of that Overlorde. I downloaded that Snow Giant song from their website and I really like it. Reminds me of early Anvil, something off of Metal on Metal or Forged in Steel.

When is The End supposed to get in stock?

Greeno said:
Ok, after seeing some of you guys posting about that Overlorde album I want to hear it. Can some one hook me up with it on SS... HAWK? I can't find copies anywhere but on the label's site and they are too pricey.

2. MADE OF IRON - Made of Iron - CD (SARECD002)

I tried the other 2 bands mp3's and liked them.
http://www.sonicagerecords.com

Hail Greeno and Trans!

Thank you for your interest!

THE END should have it any day now, and should also have the other SONIC AGE releases you mentioned.

Meanwhile, you can hear 30 second samples of ALL the songs from RETURN OF THE SNOW GIANT here…

http://www.musicline.de/de/product/Overlorde/Return+Of+The+Snow+Giant/CD/5205447000049

LLR&R,

Mark “M.E.” Edwards
Flying V, Overlorde
www.overlorde.com
www.meflyingv.com

Hell yeah, MEFlyingV, "the return of the Snow Giant" sounds great . Good work !!! It really catches the true 80's heavy metal sound for me. Get the CD guys, really good one !!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Awesome, M.E., thanks for the info. The other song samples sound kick ass too. I can hardly wait to get this one! My neighbors aren't gonna be happy when I get this album, but I'll be happy...and that's what counts!

I bow before your talents :worship:

Hail Trans!

Man, you humble us dude!

And this just in....

While THE END RECORDS website has not yet been updated (as of 1/17/2004), I know for a fact they received their shipment of OVERLORDE: RETURN OF THE SNOW GIANT CDs. In fact, they have been getting so many requests for it they have already placed a second order with our label!

So head over to http://www.theendrecords.com and get your e-mail request in (or order placed (if the website has been updated), or ask your local store to get it in stock now, so you don’t have to wait for the next shipment!

They should also have the other Sonic Age artists listed above (BTW, that site above with the samples also has the samples for MADE OF IRON).

LLR&R,

M.E.

Greeno said:

yeah I received both promo's (together with Manilla Road Metal?Invasion re-release).

Valkija are good, I like the female vocalist but the songs are quite alike on this album. Anyway its a really good album and I expect them to grow a lot, they've got the potential for sure.

Overlorde is definately 100% quality album I advise everyone to get it. I love their old work (Medieval Metal in special) and I didnt expect this. MEFlyingV: my compliments! As far as I've been reading around the forums you're getting really good opinions on this album, keep it up!
I review for Rockezine and it's online here in case you want to read and or link it on your site, http://www.rockezine.org

Cheers!

I have ordered the Overlorde CD as well as the Valkija and Made of Iron CDs from www.theendrecords.com. I was informed they would ship by tomorrow. If you do a search for the band names, you will find the albums and be able to order them.

CybrMaiden said:
I have ordered the Overlorde CD as well as the Valkija and Made of Iron CDs from www.theendrecords.com. I was informed they would ship by tomorrow. If you do a search for the band names, you will find the albums and be able to order them.
Coincidence! I just ordered Overlorde, Made Of Iron and Superchrist :D

MEFlyingV said:
Hail Greeno and Trans!

Thank you for your interest!

THE END should have it any day now, and should also have the other SONIC AGE releases you mentioned.

COOL!! Thanks for the info. Looks like you guys have a killer word-of-mouth thing going on right now. I have seen Overlorde mentioned on a few metal boards plus while doing a search on the net about the band the reviews I found were great. Good luck with the band!

I hope you stick around here on the board.

Greeno said:
COOL!! Thanks for the info. Looks like you guys have a killer word-of-mouth thing going on right now. I have seen Overlorde mentioned on a few metal boards plus while doing a search on the net about the band the reviews I found were great. Good luck with the band!

I hope you stick around here on the board.
Ditto, everything I've read about Overlorde is quite favorable. Sure like the song samples I've heard so far, so I agree with reviewers.

I'll second Greeno's motion. Now that you've found us, Mr. Edwards, please feel welcome to stop by from time to time and keep us up to date on Overlorde and your other projects (or just visit with us fans). We'd be glad to have ya.

Thanks everyone! I hope to at least pop in from time to time, as time allows. UM is definitely a great place.

Yeah, the buzz is really good. If you go to www.overlorde.com, there is a page called THE REALM OF THE SNOW GIANT dedicated to all the buzz and promo. Kind of a central place to see whats up with the CD.

And if anyone wants to join Overlorde' FORCE RECON (read about it at the site), we'd be glad to have you, too!

As far as my other projects, check out www.meflyingv.com

LLR&R,

Mark
Guitarist, OVERLORDE

www.overlorde.com U.S. Power Metal
Overlorde’s debut full length CD out on Sonic Age Records Now!www.sonicagerecords.com

Sampling of critic ratings
HEAVY, ODER WAS?! (Germany) 12/12
HEADACHE (Holland) 10/10
METAL HAMMER (Italy) 6/6
TERRORIZER (UK) 9/10
SWEDEN ROCK MAGAZINE 9/10
ROCK HARD (Germany) 8.5/10 and 5th place of 41 CDs in their Soundcheck feature
METAL HAMMER (Greece) 8/10
www.metalgospel.org: Best CD of 2004!

Overlorde_Banner.jpg

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Got my Overlorde today from The End Records (along with two old Psychotic Waltz albums)! Absolutely jammin cd! This one is gonna have a hard time getting out of my cd tray for awhile.
Glad you are liking it Trans! Maybe you are a potential new FORCE RECON recruit, huh?

Greeno, hope you liked it too!

Check out the big update last night at www.overlorde.com!

Awesome CD, Mark!! This one will be on my ipod for some time. Definitely worth the wait. I can't wait for the follow-up...

And 'Yes', I did sign up for Force Recon...