Help!

ImpaleD

New Metal Member
Aug 4, 2002
Scottsdale
Hey guys..i just moved to Phoenix from Germany and i dont know where the concerts take place or record stores where i can buy CDs etc, can anyone help me out here? Im in scottsdale so if anyone knows any record stores or places where concerts take place in scottsdale please tell me..thanks in advance

Hey man, welcome to AZ. I'd hate to be in a new area and not know where to get your metal. So hopefully this will help.

Concerts:

This Weds(8/7/02)Slayer, In Flames and Soulfly are playing at Mesa Ampetheatre.(I'll be at this show)

Im hoping that Vehemence, Incantation, Impaled, and Decapitated will have an AZ stop. If that would happen, it would most likely be an 8/14/02 date.. Keep your metal horns crossed..

Ozzfest 9/5/02 at the Cricket Pavillion bleh I'd only pay to see Ozzy, BLS, and Down.

Oct. 05 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Mason Jar
KREATOR, DESTRUCTION, CEPHALIC CARNAGE, and that Vehemence band some of us have heard about.(I'll be at this show)

Record stores:

ZIA RECORDS one of my favorite places to get my metal. Inside they have a big area devoted for FLYERS promoting upcomming concerts, so I'd suggest going in there as well. They actually have quite a few stores, but check http://www.ziarecords.com/ for locations.

ZIA RECORDS in Tempe
105 WEST UNIVERSITY
TEMPE, AZ 85281
PHONE: (480) 829 - 1967

then there's some other places I dont really go to, but I think they're in your area:

Bookman's Used Books, Music & Software
1056 South Country Club Drive
Mesa, AZ
(602) 835-0505

Eastside Records
217 West University Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281
(602) 968-2011

Stinkweeds Record Exchange
1250 East Apache Drive
Tempe, AZ
(602) 968-9490

There you go metal buddy.. Im sure I'll see you in the pit at one of these shows.

he did a good job of naming places to buy good music, but lemme give ya a better concert list:

Judas Priest @ the Cajun House(Scottsdale) on Aug. 11th,
[also the same night]:
Kittie, Shadows Fall, Poison the Well, Killswitch Engage, & Hotwire @ The Nile(Mesa),

Biomech, When Heaven Bleeds, & other locals: Aug. 26th @ The Bash On Ash(Tempe),

Bleeding Through, Everytime I Die, 18 Visions, & HopesFall: Sept. 2nd @ The Nile(Mesa),

Ozzfest: Sept. 5th,

In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Lacuna Coil, & Sentenced: Sept. 18th @ The Bash On Ash(Tempe),

Mortician, Scar Culture, & Malignancy: Sept. 30th @ The Big Fish Pub(Tempe),

Destruction, Kreator, Cephalic Carnage, Vehemence, & Pain Unlimited: Oct. 5th @ The Mason Jar(Phx.)

Originally posted by freakysean
plus, jeremiah has forgot to talk about a particular show that is going to be here in Arizona on August 15 but I will let him bring up a hint hint vehemence,decapitation show.

you can also find out about particular shows at the message board over at www.amjconcerts.com
rad, RAD, R A D ! ! !
Im going to that show!! I purposly saveed my money so I could go to a neato underground show.... and this be it... I will be ther the 15th! JOB or no job! Fuck those employed S.O.D.'s!

Thanks a lot guys.. \M/ thanks for telling me about the Destruction/Kreator show..aldready seen em both around 5 times in germany..look forward to seeing them here as well