Stores in San Francisco

loomis103

WoW Blows
Feb 3, 2006
Montoursville, PA, USA
Anybody know any cool guitar or record stores in san francisco? I'm goin there in a month and i want to buy some records i wont be able to find where i live, as for guitar stores im looking for some place that carries gear most other places don't(boutique kinda stuff). Feel free to mention anything else thats cool in san fran. thanks guys.

Rasputins and Amoeba Records in Berkeley. Rasputins has a great metal section. I'm going there tomorrow to pick up Divine Heresy... In SF I believe the Haight Ashbury area might have a few places and then of course is the Virgin Megastore right downtown.

Also, in about a month there are a few shows coming around I believe COF, Machine Head, Arch Enemy, Behemoth, to name a few, I can't remember the dates.

Not music related, but you will have to partake of Boudin's while you're in the City. There's one down near Pier 39 and one at the corner of Market and Montgomery. Get the clam chowder in the sourdough bread bowl.

You'll also have to ride the cable car from Powell St. (right in front of Rasputin Music @ Powell and Market) down to the maritime museum. Fun stuff.

Rocker is a great guitar store - I was a solid customer until I moved away. Just don't ask any newbie questions. :cool:

Watch out for panhandlers and the Village People!

Not music related, but you will have to partake of Boudin's while you're in the City. There's one down near Pier 39 and one at the corner of Market and Montgomery. Get the clam chowder in the sourdough bread bowl.

I can't stand Boudin's but everyone else seems to like it. I paid $7 there for a turkey sandwich that was basically two slices of processed turkey a leaf of lettuce, and a slice of tomato on two pieces of wonderbread. Haven't gone back.

The other one down there at the Embarcadero that I can't stand that everyone likes is Taylors. Absolutely 2nd or 3rd tier burgers for $8. And there are lines way out the door every day. There are so many better burger places in the vicinity for way less. I don't get it. Maybe I'm just a cheap bastard.

Speaking of that area, did anyone catch the Barry Bonds ceremony a week or so back at Justin Herman plaza? I stopped by and I gotta say the band might have had the best outdoor sound I've heard.

Yeah,

Rocker guitars is the best boutique type place up there. They carry Orange also, as well as Framus.