Help!

Lullaby

Whispering Forest
Feb 22, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I am desperately seeking an advice from you good people!
I am singing in a music group (Gothic Folk Metal)and I am the main
vocal (Doom Death - Black Doom)But,when I sing this styles I am feeling
a pain in my throut,I am scared,becouse I can ruin my voice very badly.
So I was wondering if there is any recepy,like,drinking live eggs and that
kind of stuff,I would appreciate much.

Thank you very much

Any type of potion that kills the pain could help you, but I don't really know since I don't really work with potions or any of that shit. My advice to you is to work your technique because no matter what type of potion (drink or whatever) you drink, if you have a bad technique you'll fuck up your vocal chords. There are some threads where you can find advices on death/black metal vocal techniques (I participated in some of them and soultorn's singer also) if you want them post a message and i'll give them to you.

It sounds like you may be pushing yourself past your vocal range. My suggestion, if that is in fact the case, it to just stick to the range in which your vocal chords are comfortable, that way you're not in pain. Also, I've found that warm milk and honey (or maple syrup) helps to soothe the throat. Hope that helps.

@Nightwish-That's not really the problem with him. He's doing vocals in a death/doom band and as you may know those bands use growls. He doesn't know how to do growls without hurting himself and that's why he's having those problems.

(oh btw Lullaby if you want those advices let me know and i'll give em' to ya)

Ah, I see. Then the problem is most likely that he doesnt have enough phlem coating his throat that would prevent pain. In which case, my suggestion of warm milk and honey (or maple syrup) would work great. It coats the throat beautifully for that sort of thing. :cool:

Yep, that's a possibility. But I wouldn't rely on that, If I were you Lullaby I would work my technique more (as they always say, practice makes perfect).