Helpeth Me translate a poem from English to Norsk!

herohammer

New Metal Member
Jun 23, 2006
Sooo... several days ago my English teacher asked my class if anyone spoke or was learning anything other than Spanish and of course English(I am a native english speaker, pero mi español es mejor que mi noruego). I was an idiot and I said that I am teaching myself Norwegian assuming that he was asking just out of curiosity... He wasn't, and now I am supposed to translate a poem from english (the poem is By Li Po and was originaly written in T'ang Dynasty period China in Chinese...then translated to english) to Norwegian...doh! My Norwegian skills suck and my teacher wants everyone to confirm the correctness of their translation with a native or fluent speaker. Given that the AA forum has fewer retards than the Burzum forum, I decided to post my request here...

The poem, in English, given that it is in itself a translation, some of it is very awkward sounding:
Taking Leave of A Friend

Blue mountains to the north of the walls,
White river winding about them;
Here we must make separation
And go out through a thousand miles of dead grass.

Mind like a floating cloud.
Sunset like the parting of old acquaintances
Who bow over their clasped hands at a distance.
Our horses neigh to each other
as we are departing.

A poem by Li Po

dikte i norsk:
Si Farvel Til En Venn

Blå bergenen for å nord af det vegger,
Hvit elv vinding rundt om dem
Hen vi må gjøre atskillelse
Og gå ut afen tusens mils af død gresset.

Forstand like en duppen hvit sky,
Solnedgang like et oppgitet af gammel vennen
Hvem bukke den taken hånden af en distanse
Vår hestet knegge af hverandre
som vi er avånting

En dikte af Li Po

If you help me with this I will give you a cookie with part of Dead's brain in it... or a normal and tasty cookie if yuo would prefer.:kickass: :headbang:

BTW-I know AA are Swedish not Norwegian, just figured someone would know norsk here.

Haha, that's closer to Danish than Norwegian. The sentences that are possible to understand that is.

Blå fjell nord for veggene
hvor hvite elver renner omkring
Her må vi skilles
og vandre gjennom tusen mil dødt gress.

Forstanden er som en sky
Solnedgang som å fortale en gammel kjenning
som bukker over sine foldede hender
Våre hester knegger til hverandre
når vi drar.

Et dikt av Li Po

I don't think it could get any closer no Norwegian then that above unless you want it in Norse:p hehe