Here is a very interesting interview posted on the Opeth Board ( if its real )

Misanthrope

Latin, NOT Mexican.
Oct 11, 2001
My House.
www.i-mockery.com
Originally posted by Moshing Kosher
He sounds like a crow.

Oh, this just in from the In Flames board:

after an awesome performance last night in mcallen, tx. i caught up with the guys (particularly jesper) and asked them a couple of questions and i thought i would share them with you guys, so here they go....

1. What will the Jap. edition of reroute to remain contain?
"More than likely just a couple of live songs. Dont know which ones at the time."

2. Do you guys check the In Flames forum often?
"Yes very often we stopped relplying because it would just end up with people bashing us and then other people, so we pretty much stopped replying. But we check often just to see what the fans have to say."

3. Is there ever any chance of hearing upon an oaken throne or stand ablaze live again?
"Possibly, we dont know what old songs we will be playing for our up comming headlining tour but we will be playing older songs."

4. Will North America ever get the chance to see Dimension Zero? Yes actually there is something in the talk of trying to get Dimension Zero over here at the beginning of next year, cant tell you with who because things are just in the process.

5. Recently Dark Tranquillity with their new album damage done, made a return to the days of old while still progressing foward. Is this ever likely to happen to in flames?
No, we are not dark tranquillity we will only continue to progress foward and not backwards. For those who want another lunar strain or jester race they can put it in their cd player and listen to it because it will never happen.

6. Will you guys be resigning to nuclear blast records?
We dont know at the moment.

7.what about the south american tour is that still a go?
most definetly!!! More than likely at the begining of next year or at the end of this year.

8.Are you guys looking foward to the two week headlining tour with sentenced and dark tranquillity?
Most defintely we have so much respect for those guys its going to be real fuckin fun and exciting!!!

-------------------------

I dont know about you guys but assuming DT progressed backwards is a very strong thing to say.

The interview in question was from some teenager's memory after a concert. It's not like an official interview or anything. And who really cares whether Anders thinks DT is moving forward, backwards, sideways or standing still? They're (thankfully) 2 different bands that are going in different directions.

Yea i just think its a bit curious that Anders would say something that could be so insulting if taken the wrong way, or if that is literally what he said. After all he wouldnt have a career if it wasnt for Niklas who virtually taught him how to write lyrics ( imho )

i know for a fact that members of in flames and dark tranquillity are in very good terms. it seems unlikely that he would have insulted the band this way. in this whole sentence, a couple of words changed would have made a huge difference, so i guess the meaning was maybe not offensive. of course i cannot know the truth. :)

rahvin.

I am the person (im not a fuckin teenager either) who asked anders that question about the new dark tranquillity album, he in no way meant to disrespect dark tranquillity (in fact he just said that they are not dark tranquillity and that i should not have brought up another band to compare them to, for they are not that band)he only wanted to clarify the fact that in flames will never go back to their old albums they will only be moving foward and progressing foward. This has nothing to do with disrespecting dark tranquillity at all!!

thanks for clarifying, necrofiles. :) although you see that if anders' exact words were the ones i read, it would look like he's implying dark tranquillity made step backwards, and this is a - maybe not disrespectful - comment that would at least mean he thinks damage done is not a step ahead, which might not be the best thing to say to a friend. ;) now i tend to believe there has been some mixing up of words, and it came out in an unpleasant way although it was different in the intentions, but it's true that someone from in flames would do a good thing if he vanquished doubts.

rahvin.

rahvin: i agree. i think the confusion is coming from how the response was written. the forwards, not backwards part is in the same sentence right after he said they're not dark tranquillity. in the next sentence he basically says fans can listen to lunar strain or the jester race if they want to feel/be retro.

> but it's true that someone from in flames would do a good thing if he vanquished doubts.

heh, like that time when someone from dt came on to clear up that bit about hating Americans when Misanthrope informed us of such? :lol: :p

They didn't take a step backwards, they didn't take a step anywhere. If they had, maybe Damage Done wouldn't have been so goddamn formulaic (<---- my opinion! want to bash it? go right ahead). A step backwards would have been to make a highly original and progressive album. For once, I have to agree with In Flames. THEY are going forward (however bad the direction), but DT are standing still.

wildfyr, that's *you* not standing still, not dt, unless you drive a tour bus :lol:

hyena