Here is the complete article regarding Disney moving Metal concerts.

What's so hard to understand about this? Disney would have canceled all metal shows at all of their venues if they were trying to oust the metal community. Did you even READ the articles? ""House of Blues offers a range of entertainment to match the audience at our venues. It was determined that the mix of entertainment at our two Disney locations should be different from our other venues."" That says it all! The two House of Blues locations at Disney Resorts have changed their entertainment format to be more family oriented because FAMILIES are the ones staying at the resorts, not gangs of metalheads.

Well, now you're just being rational.:loco:

Disney is not dark and scary.

It would be cool if Disney tried to woo the "Metalocalypse" crowd by creating a ripoff that starred The Horned King and Creeper from "The Black Cauldron" starting a metal band.

What's so hard to understand about this? Disney would have canceled all metal shows at all of their venues if they were trying to oust the metal community. Did you even READ the articles? ""House of Blues offers a range of entertainment to match the audience at our venues. It was determined that the mix of entertainment at our two Disney locations should be different from our other venues."" That says it all! The two House of Blues locations at Disney Resorts have changed their entertainment format to be more family oriented because FAMILIES are the ones staying at the resorts, not gangs of metalheads.

I totally agree! I've seen metal shows at the HoB Orlando.. It is pretty akward.. It really doesn't fit the atmosphere of downtown disney at all... I remember the time I saw Iced Earth there.. People walking around with their Iced Earth "Fuck the posers" t-shirt.. The security guards were asking them to wear the shirt inside out, no joke...

I will miss concerts there, though.. It's a nice venue! I will be there in october for the Porcupine Tree concert...

Hey, don't like it, vote with your dollars. Next time you're buying a movie, or thinking of taking the kids somewhere for vacation, spend it on something else.

Sounds kinda like Six Flags here in Atlanta.

I heard of an older gentleman having a colored handkerchief hanging out the back of his pocket, about a year ago. Six Flags told him to remove it.

Apparently, they don't let anyone where/show any colored handkerchiefs due to the gang colors.

But telling an approx. 60 year old man that he can't have a handkerchief in his back pocket. I think that's pushing it a little too far.

Danny

I totally agree! I've seen metal shows at the HoB Orlando.. It is pretty akward.. It really doesn't fit the atmosphere of downtown disney at all... I remember the time I saw Iced Earth there.. People walking around with their Iced Earth "Fuck the posers" t-shirt.. The security guards were asking them to wear the shirt inside out, no joke...

I will miss concerts there, though.. It's a nice venue! I will be there in october for the Porcupine Tree concert...

So I guess vulgar hip hop artists dropping the N word rapping about ass fucking bitches and hoes is more "family " oriented then?
I guess it is seeing as that is all that is played on the radio these days

Hey, don't like it, vote with your dollars. Next time you're buying a movie, or thinking of taking the kids somewhere for vacation, spend it on something else.

Well that's exactly the problem! The metal crowd isn't a big enough presence in the "Disney patronage" to continue offering metal shows at their resorts.

Maybe rap will be next... who knows. Has anyone been paying attention? Would you know if it wasn't posted on Blabbermouth?

And who says the entertainment will still be at night? Disney is smart enough to know that people don't want to sit through a concert after chasing their kids around the park for 8 hours. If you know anything about event production you'll know that these tours, depending on the size, start going up VERY early in the day, prohibiting other forms of entertainment during the afternoon. So even if they still have shows for the metal crowd at night, the venue is basically useless for daytime patrons in terms of entertainment, so all they CAN do is eat. "A wide variety of entertainment" is more than just music.

Anyone notice that not all the metal shows have been moved from those two HOBs? Now explain that?

Bottom line, neither Disney nor House of Blues have come out against the metal community. If moving a few shows to other venues counts, then we are being way too pathetic. "Oh no, don't move my shows! You're being mean to me because I listen to Dark Throne and wear a Bathory shirt!" Until then, all complaints are speculative.

It's not about the content of the music itself.. But the people walking around downtown disney before the concert starts...

There is another reason why something like Nightwish would be right at home there. Not only would you have a singer that sounds like a Disney creation, they would mostly only have slightly over weight mid-30 to 40 year old guys in Symphony X t shirts wondering the streets. Very none threatening. Unless you consider that that crowd might tend to look a bit creepy around children. But theatening it would not be, perhaps annoying.
But metal shows does seem a little out of place at Disney World. All though it would have been cool to be wondering around there and just happen to have seen the Doro concert back in 89 I think it was. I did catch a progrock band there years ago called Off Kilter. They wore kilts get it. 'Tom Sawyer' on bagpipes, it was neat. I also recall in 87 they sold Iron Maiden merch, that was odd.

There is another reason why something like Nightwish would be right at home there. Not only would you have a singer that sounds like a Disney creation, they would mostly only have slightly over weight mid-30 to 40 year old guys in Symphony X t shirts wondering the streets. Very none threatening. Unless you consider that that crowd might tend to look a bit creepy around children. But theatening it would not be, perhaps annoying.
Maybe they consider all the corpse painted kids in black gowns at Cannibal Corpse concerts too far a take from the world of Disney-fairies? :p (was there ever these of corpse-dressed folks carrying scythes and at the CC gigs in the US? In Europe the gigs use to be like gatherings of the living dead)

But - I'd rather consider it more of a question of wealth here. Those "slightly over weight mid-30 to 40 year old guys in Symphony X t shirts wondering the streets" tend to carry a much heavier wallet than annoying kids in their CC-wardrobes thus making a better potential for leaving some cash to Disney.

A lady in California asked today Nightwish's manager Ewo about the issue concerning the Nw gig at HOB Anaheim:

I think I am going to contact Ewo, and ask him to check into the whole potential HOB problem. I think it will not be an issue... but you never know.
4 hrs later:
Also, I have heard back from Ewo.... they are laughing their asses off over the whole "show might be in jeopardy" thing... us crazy-ass Americans. I swear, sometimes I am ashamed of the self-righteous litigious ethically bankrupt society we seem to be becoming. *hangs head* /rant

I think there will be no issue with this show. I am moving forward with my plans. I have asked Ewo to update us in nightwish.com if there are any changes in venue. If we hear nothing, assume all is well.
Looks to me that Disney is just over cautiously practicing political correctness after recieveing some complaints from the mighty & wealthy who somehow got annoyed by finding out about the harder end of metalbands performing on their kids' playground. A few most loud and visual bands moved - case solved.

What a crock of shit!
:OMG::erk::puke:

Heavy metal concerts moved off Disney property
By Greg Burk, Special to The Times

Metal detectors may soon be irrelevant at House of Blues clubs, at least any sitting on property owned by the Walt Disney Co. Five heavy-metal concerts scheduled on Disney property in Anaheim and Orlando have been hastily shifted to other venues or canceled recently, according to House of Blues website calendars.

A Sept. 7 show featuring Machine Head, Arch Enemy, Throwdown and Sanctity, booked two months earlier, was moved on two days' notice from the House of Blues in Anaheim's Downtown Disney entertainment complex to the Glass House in Pomona. Thursday's concert with Cannibal Corpse, the Black Dahlia Murder, the Red Chord and the Absence, originally slated for the Anaheim House of Blues, was moved to the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana. A Sept. 26 Anaheim House of Blues concert featuring Obituary, Alabama Thunderpussy, Full Blown Chaos and Hemlock has been canceled outright.

At the House of Blues in Orlando, Fla., on Disney World property, a Sept. 17 concert of the Machine Head lineup has been moved to Club Firestone in downtown Orlando. The same action has been taken with the Oct. 11 Cannibal Corpse package.

Asked about the scheduling changes, John Vlautin, vice president of communications for Live Nation (formerly Clear Channel), the concert-promotion organization that owns the nationwide House of Blues chain, issued a statement Thursday that said only: "House of Blues offers a range of entertainment to match the audience at our venues. It was determined that the mix of entertainment at our two Disney locations should be different from our other venues."

Vlautin declined to comment on why metal bands have been singled out after years of similar bookings or whether other metal events already scheduled, including Suffocation, Edguy and Static X, will be affected.

Rob Doughty, communications vice president for Disneyland Resorts, declined to comment, referring inquiries to Vlautin. Paul McGuigan, concert promoter at the Anaheim House of Blues, also declined to comment through a club spokeswoman.

The Walt Disney Co., through Vlautin, issued a short statement Thursday that included no specifics about the shifts of the metal concerts: "In consultation with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, the House of Blues will provide a mix of entertainment for guests visiting Disney Resorts."

Rob Flynn, vocalist and guitarist of Machine Head, expressed surprise about the venue change, saying in a phone interview that the group had played both clubs several times without incident. He said he had been told that Disney pressured House of Blues to evict metal on the grounds that it attracted an "undesirable" element; he also said he suspects that "one of the main issues of contention Disney had with Machine Head was our antiwar and anti-administration lyrics."

A sample lyric from the Bay Area quartet's current recording, "The Blackening," goes, "Murder us, silence us, / Divide and conquer us."

The veteran Cannibal Corpse, which headlines the touring Metal Blade Records bill that was removed from the Anaheim and Orlando House of Blues calendars, is known for its extreme album-cover artwork and death-obsessed lyrics such as "Pray to our God / With blood we praise his epic acts of hate," from last year's "Kill" collection. Many modern metal bands express an antiwar, anti-authority and/or anti-religion message.

John Halperin, talent booker for the Glass House, said Friday that the Machine Head show transferred to his venue came off to the satisfaction of bands and fans, despite the fact that it is an all-ages club where no alcohol is sold.