Heretoir - The Circle (check out our new album)

jipchen

ForesterStudio
Nov 17, 2008
Munich, Germany
www.facebook.com
Hey guys,
we just released our 2nd album (after six fucking years). There might be some people who like what we do here. As for the genre? Hard to pin down, but I'd say think Katatonia, Alcest, a little progressive Metal (Opeth?), and Post-Rock / Shoegaze. We have fast songs with lots of blastbeats, medium tempo with rolling double bass and atmospheric, slow songs (and an instrumental) so I have a hard time naming a single song I'd recommend.

The producion team is all Sneap Forum old people TM ;)
I recorded, Oliver Carell mixed it (Blastbeat Productions) and Lasse Lammert mastered it (LSD Studios).

My personal favorites are "The Circle", "Exhale" and "Golden Dust". If you want blastbeats, check out Fading With The Grey :D

You can listen to the full album here:

Or on Bandcamp: https://heretoir.bandcamp.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: Korwent and TRUIE
Really great stuff ! (spent the afternoon listening to this on spotify)
Can feel all the influences you named, but you guys definitely have your own thing going on.
I really enjoyed the album and I'll go back to it.
Oh and production is stellar !

Out of curiosity, which instrument do you play in this ?

Really great stuff ! (spent the afternoon listening to this on spotify)
Can feel all the influences you named, but you guys definitely have your own thing going on.
I really enjoyed the album and I'll go back to it.
Oh and production is stellar !

Out of curiosity, which instrument do you play in this ?
Thanks man :) Glad you enjoy it. Yeah honestly I think Oli did such a great job with the mix, because it sure as hell didn't sound that good when it left my studio haha. He also mixed(+mastered) my other band's latest release
()
If it was up to me we'd just go to him for every single release in the future :D

Lasse's mastering was also really interesting for me because at first I didn't understand why he chose to i.e. thin out the low-mids/mids but everything sounded so crystal clear afterwards and the translation on different systems worked better. I wouldn't even think about pulling the frequencies that he did, because the mix was perfect to me, but he was spot-on (obviously).

I'm one of the guitar players, suck at everything else ;) David is our main songwriter, and does guitar and both clean+harsh vocals.
Some might know the drummer on this record, since he's the "Der Weg Einer Freiheit" drummer Tobias Schuler. Ridiculously good.

Reactions: TRUIE
You're in heretoir dude? Nice!! I had no idea, I listened to this the other day and loved it!
:D Yeah since 2011 I think. I had no idea you knew Heretoir haha, that's awesome. I'll let you know next time we're in London, we were there in 2016 on a small DIY tour and damn people just do not want to pay for shows or at least not for us, heh. Lots of people writing on our Facbook like "would love to go but I'm broke" "It's literally 2 pounds!?" "yeah, maybe next time" "ok then :cry:"

Last edited: