Hermann Szobel's 2nd?

Ggorp

Feb 6, 2010
Ken (or anyone else),

On the Net, I've read that his second had been started before he removed himself from the scene. Is there any firm knowledge about how much had been composed and recorded? Is there any information or indication whatsoever that whatever had been completed will be released?

From Ken's (?) review of Hermann Szobel's first album, Szobel:
... In the middle of recording a second (still unreleased) album, rumor has it that he suffered a mental breakdown....
https://www.lasercd.com/cd/szobel

Trying different OSes and browsers, I wasn't able to get them to play either. I haven't been able to confirm this but I think the Lebolt and Lawton references in the first three songs are referring to the composer/producer and the guitarist (RIP) respectively.

I wonder if the Unreleased Szobel at Bob Goldman's site is the only music that was recorded for the 2nd album. At YouTube, entering the search terms "Hermann Szobel Unfinished Work", will point to a 19:45" (or so) piece. That time length almost matches the unplayable song at Goldman's site.

Last edited:
For what it's worth–if the only material available is that 19"+, if it were given the Katz treatment like the first, I'd buy it as an EP.

For what it's worth–if the only material available is that 19"+, if it were given the Katz treatment like the first, I'd buy it as an EP.
Its impossible. Szobel is living as a homeless beggar in Israel with apparent mental health issues. He is far removed from the music industry. Enjoy what you got cuz that’s all you are getting.

I will continually enjoy it until I've reached my expiration date. Have done so since Laser's Edge released it on CD; thanks for that. You must've been psyched to be involved with the reissue.

Hermann Szobel, if a search brings you here–no matter what you've been through, there's always the masterpiece you created that was and still can be looked up to. Well done; thank you.