hexgothic custom guitars ***WARNING!***

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
recently a friend of mine had a rather bad incident with hex gothic custom guitars. and by that i mean major screw job. i will post what he has written on another board...

I just wanted to inform you all about my recent horrible experience with Hex Gothic Custom Guitars. I would not recommend this company to anyone for the following reasons:

The following is a description of the condition that my "custom" bass arrived in. I want to make it clear that Psypheria does not and will not play/endorse Hex Gothic Custom Guitars! Visit their Web Site and tell them what you think after you review my list of problems! www.gothiccustomguitars.com

1. Used hardware - the E string tuning key is stripped out.

2. Pickups are used - both are (used) EMG's, not Seymore Duncan as per their web site states. Pickups are not height-adjustable and are flopping around in the body. Stripped out adjustment screws. The soapbar pickup at the bottom is set too high and it is literally a cunthair away from the G string. I have the action set as high as it will go and I am still having this problem.

3. Frets need to be leveled on the bass. I took the bass into a guitar shop last night and they quoted me $150 to level the frets.

4. The body has multiple dings, scratches and uneven spots. All of the corners have Magic Marker touch-ups. Bandsaw marks on the outer edges and corners of the body where they didn't bother to sand.

5. I had to remove paint marker writing and overspray from the fret board - who the hell writes in paint marker on a fret board?

6. Horrible glue joints on the fretboard to the neck.

7. Horrible headstock design - the A string rubs on the E string's tuning key. The headstock is cracked on the D string where they tightened the tuning key way too much. They put the tuning key too close to the edge of the headstock. Not to mention, the nut on the tuning key is totally messed up and rounded off from when they over-tightened it.

8. The plastic cover on the back of the guitar doesn't fit the poor routing job, and all of the screws are stripped out so I can't even fucking remove it.

9. The neck has a slight bow to it. I haven't even attempted to fix this, nor will I because I don't want to be responsible for the fret board coming off. That's what the guitar shop said to me.

10. This thing is twice as neck-heavy as a Warlock bass. This was one of my first requests involving my design.

11. Although this is a minor detail, it does show how much Gothic Custom Guitars cares about their final product -- the fucking idiot switched the A and the D strings backwards when he strung the bass. Not to mention, he cut the strings too short, not leaving enough string on the tuning keys; thus, the guitar would not stay in tune. They also put the input jack on the wrong side of the body....

12. The paint was still tacky when it arrived.

13. The fucking piece of shit reeked of stale cigarettes, and gave me some kind of weird rash on my arms after playing it...

They have the bass priced at $1,450.00 on their Web Site! I would have shit a brick had I paid this much!

I have seen first-hand what a real custom shop's final product looks like and how it is shipped (in a timely manner, with good communication.) John has ordered 2 guitars from GMW Guitarworks and they showed up absolutely perfect - FLAWLESS.

This guitar is not playable to my standards. I cannot allow myself, as a professional musician, or my band, to be associated with Gothic Guitars.

Adam Roberts
www.psypheria.com

i would also like to add that isnt even the half of it. adam has created a 17 page word document with all the lies, false shipments, etc. that he has told adam. this has been going on for several months now. he was first promised a bass in june and just got that piece of shit last weekend, after being promised many times that it was in the mail and even gave adam false tracking numbers.
i want to warn everyone to be warned about him. i dont want another person to be screwed over by this jackass. if you feel the need to spread the word i encourage you todo so. if you feel like leaving a message on their boards i would encourage you todo so as well. he has deleted mine and others posts on there. his email is tommie@gothiccustomguitars.com if your posts are deleted as well and you feel like speaking more to him.
let us as metalheads unite against this screw job.
i hope you join me in support of my friend
~gR~

Wow.. that truly sucks. I hate hearing when someone gets screwed like that. I just got another custom guitar in yesterday, and while there was one problem that bugs me, it was otherwise practically mint and 13 years old too. Oh well.

I hope that Gothic Custom Guitars gets what they deserve!!!

A custom shop guitar shouldn't have ANY of those problems...

For some reason, every BC Neckthru made by the custom shop has one small insignificant flaw, or something you could be nitpickey about...

Lee Garver at GMW is a great guy to deal with, and yes, their work is so good, they have repetitively used to do work for the Gibson, Fender and other companies' Custom Shop.

Dan Lawrence rents his work space from GMW, and does all the Jackson custom shop art, and is responsible for most of the custom art on GMW's site.

GMW does amaizing work. john from psypheria (guitar) has 2 customs from him, he loves em both.

and BTW, hex gothic is now threatening to sue me for slander. what a coward. i'm pretty sure ive done nothin wrong. cept tell the truth and have him not like it
~gR~

Slander is just talking shit... You're obvioiusly posting something that's quantified by a real product... they would lose so quick it would make their heads spin...

Don't stop letting people know about this....

You might want to post this on the Jackson/charvel forum... a lot of guitar buyers there...

www.jcfonline.com

justice has been served. i dont think i mentioned but one of the kickers with this problem was that the guy was holding adam's money. and with mine and others postings adam has gotten his money back and really pissed the jack ass off!

and thanks dude, i will post on their right now
~gR~

Hey, that's awesome that he got his money back! He might have had a bad experience, but at least he didn't get fully ripped off either, at least in the end.

No tell him he should order a GMW or USA Jackson... :lol: