Hey,anyone here check out my track on the sampler

Mar 12, 2003
BTW,my band is Halcyon F5,and the song,Revisit me is on CD 1
didn't see anything about the sampler tracks
little info on that song,BTW
the Vocalist is my old singer,Leann Serao,who had to leave due to illness,and that song is not going to be on the upcomming CD
comments?

Honestly, Chris I am glad you are getting a different singer. I didnt personally really care for her. I thought that the music was pretty good though.

The new singer is an improvement,IMO(not just saying that because I had to make a change)
she is 18,so she has a younger,softer sound,which is a nice contrast to my more extreme music that no one has heard yet
her ear is amazing as well,

I don't mind the singing. It just doesn't fit the music, though. Not so much the type of voice but that the music and vocals just don't seem to mesh together. The music keeps doing it's thing while the singing does it's own thing. Almost like two totally different songs going on at once battling for dominance over each other.

Chris Rifkin(HalcyonF5 and Stu said:
BTW,my band is Halcyon F5,and the song,Revisit me is on CD 1
didn't see anything about the sampler tracks
little info on that song,BTW
the Vocalist is my old singer,Leann Serao,who had to leave due to illness,and that song is not going to be on the upcomming CD
comments?

Halcyon F5? You already new F5 was taken, so you added "Halcyon" on there just to cap it off that you have no originality. Why didn't you just name your band Aero Halen or King's Ryche. Just not cool. It's bad enough there is a Halcyon already out there and now you have to compound the problem. Please go back to the drawing board on a name. :flame :cry:

SeanMShields said:
Halcyon F5? You already new F5 was taken, so you added "Halcyon" on there just to cap it off that you have no originality. Why didn't you just name your band Aero Halen or King's Ryche. Just not cool. It's bad enough there is a Halcyon already out there and now you have to compound the problem. Please go back to the drawing board on a name. :flame :cry:

In Chris' defense...he's had F5 as the name of his band years before Ellefson even got his ass canned from Megadeth. Unfortunately for Chris, he never released anything under that name, so you can't blame DE for taking it

SeanMShields said:

Yeah. Bad enough there is already a band named "Halcyon" from Florida, but someone had to add "Way" to compound the problem.:rolleyes:
People in galss houses...

Mr. Rifkin, your song is on CD3.

Looking forward to working on the artwork for this CD, brother.

Man, Mr. Shameless #1 beat Mr. Shameless #2 to a post regarding HIS song on the sampler. Honestly, I didn't even THINK about posting about this but, glad to see you got some responses. Just ease up on the snoring, son. That pillow will be armed and ready next time.

As for the name war, let me clarify, since I know probably as well as Rifkin does. Rikfin HAD the F5 name before Ellefson's band was even conspired. F5's (Rifkin's F5) released their debut CD Dawn of a New Age in 1999, whereas Ellefson's F5 wasn't released until when, 2004/5? While I personally don't think Ellefson "stole" it or was even aware of it, there WILL be a Texas Taped Fist Lights Out Death Cage match as the post-pre-party event for Prog Power VIII at Vespucci's.

Magius said:
Yeah. Bad enough there is already a band named "Halcyon" from Florida, but someone had to add "Way" to compound the problem.:rolleyes:
People in galss houses...

I agree. That's my guitar players fault, for naming the band after what sounds to me, like a housing subdivision street. I take it as good as I give it. Anyone that knows me I don't take too much of this stuff seriously.
And I agree that he did have F5 before. I knew that too, before I posted. I just hope he changes his name. Hell, I wish we would change ours. But the name has been here since 2001.
Water under the bridge at this point.

SeanMShields said:
I agree. That's my guitar players fault, for naming the band after what sounds to me, like a housing subdivision street. I take it as good as I give it. Anyone that knows me I don't take too much of this stuff seriously.
And I agree that he did have F5 before. I knew that too, before I posted. I just hope he changes his name. Hell, I wish we would change ours. But the name has been here since 2001.
Water under the bridge at this point.

All good. I caught HW opening for Helloween a few years back. Liked what I heard, and still listen to the sampler CD.

SeanMShields said:

Who are you to blast someone's band name in this manner, for whatever reason?
He was just looking for a little feedback and you respond with a complete garbage post.

Anyway, I also agree that a new vocalist could be a good change. Your old singer didnt seem to have much range, or at least didnt show it in the sampler track. Music was good though.

By the way Scott, i got your CD from Chris when he was hawking them in the RI lobby during check-in(talk about a captive auidence) hehehehe. Just to let you know, i like it alot, and lots of people whao have heard it here at work like it also. Great Stuff.