Hey, Castlevania fans! Let's get Rondo of Blood released on US shores!

SteevL

Aug 19, 2002
According to a recent interview, the director of the recent Castlevania games wants fans to write in to Konami to support the release of the Castlevania game which never was brought to US shores: Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. It's a great game, and directly precedes the storyline found in Symphony of the Night.

So, anyone who wants this game released on US shores (probably on either the Playstation or a current next-generation console) should write to Konami. You can email them here or, even better, write to them at their snail mail address, which I actually did back in August before this interview surfaced because I'm a dork. Here's the address to which I sent off my lengthy letter:

Konami of America, Inc.
1400 Bridge Parkway, Suite 101
Redwood City, California, 94065-1567

Originally posted by Baliset
i thought dracula X was released for SNES?

It's not the same. Same character, same controls, but different levels, and not as cool. You can be Richter or Maria in the Turbo CD version.

The Castlevania Chronicles game is another one that only came out in Japan on a computer system called the X68000. It's basically the third game telling the story of how Simon kicked Dracula's ass.

Yup. The first game, Castlevania IV, and the Castlevania Chronicles game are all telling the same story. Simon only fought Dracula once. You could say that they're just interpretations on what happened...

Oh wait, he fought Dracula twice. Forgot about Castlevania 2.

Castlevania 2 rocked. I don't know if Nintendo had some kind of minor in-house countercultural revolution, but the second part of their big franchise games was always really weird and out-there compared to 1 and 3, which were much more conventional. Check out Zelda II and Super Mario 2 for other examples.