Hey Chris

lonnie

New Metal Member
Oct 23, 2004
Remember the good ole' Aurora days? Just wanted to say I'm glad to see you're still doing what you love to do. Jag Panzer sounds great. The last album I bought was Dissident Alliance, which I didn't like. Good to see Harry back in the fold.
I enlisted as a guitar player in the US Army a few years ago. I get paid to play big band jazz, small combo jazz (lots of improv time), and rock/metal.
Can you tell me a little about that Engl amp you use?

Lonnie

lonnie said:
Remember the good ole' Aurora days? Just wanted to say I'm glad to see you're still doing what you love to do. Jag Panzer sounds great. The last album I bought was Dissident Alliance, which I didn't like. Good to see Harry back in the fold.
I enlisted as a guitar player in the US Army a few years ago. I get paid to play big band jazz, small combo jazz (lots of improv time), and rock/metal.
Can you tell me a little about that Engl amp you use?

Lonnie
Hey Lonnie,
good to see your still playing. The ENGL amp I use is called the Powerball, and is the most versitle, 4 channel amp I have owend. I have compared each individual channel to different amps that excel in thier catagories and I think the PB smokes them.
I would also like to try out the ENGL Savage 120 (I havn't heard that one yet).
Take Care, Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
The ENGL amp I use is called the Powerball, and is the most versitle, 4 channel amp I have owend. I have compared each individual channel to different amps that excel in thier catagories and I think the PB smokes them.

Since I don't have an opportunity to try different amps myself :cry: I'd like to ask you if you tried ENGL's Thunder and/or Fireball and/or Screamer heads?
These seem very good and I like the fact that they're 50 watters, I own 100W Marshall and it's too damn loud for the places where I get the chance to play... :)

SickBoy said:
Since I don't have an opportunity to try different amps myself :cry: I'd like to ask you if you tried ENGL's Thunder and/or Fireball and/or Screamer heads?
These seem very good and I like the fact that they're 50 watters, I own 100W Marshall and it's too damn loud for the places where I get the chance to play... :)
Hey SickBoy,
I havn't tried those amps, but all I hear about them is that they are great. Go to the Harmony Central amp forum, and you can get a lot of info there.
Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
I havn't tried those amps, but all I hear about them is that they are great. Go to the Harmony Central amp forum, and you can get a lot of info there.

I've read all of the user reviews on H-C concerning the amps I mentioned, I think it gives me more than enough opinions. But I might check out their forum as well, that wouldn't hurt... ;)

SickBoy said:
I've read all of the user reviews on H-C concerning the amps I mentioned, I think it gives me more than enough opinions. But I might check out their forum as well, that wouldn't hurt... ;)
yea the forum is really cool, and go to
www.rocksolidamps.com

Derek has plenty of clips for you to hear.
Chris.

All you really need to know about the Engl Powder-balls is that the VHT Ultra Lead absolutely smokes it!!! :)

hypochrist said:
All you really need to know about the Engl Powder-balls is that the VHT Ultra Lead absolutely smokes it!!! :)
Hey hypochrist,
Im sure if you could actually play your guitar the powerball would sound 1000 times better than that overpriced VHT box of wood :D
Just Kidding!!!! Whats up, nice user name I might add.
Chris.

Hi!!!
Well, I´m one of the happy owners of the Powerball!!! I really love this amp!!!! But one thing that really interests me, is the AMP SETTING!!!
I know that you, Chris, use effects and stuff...but I would die to know your basic settings for each chanel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
rock on!!!

Chris_Broderick said:
yea the forum is really cool, and go to
www.rocksolidamps.com

Derek has plenty of clips for you to hear.

Cool link, thanks Chris! :wave:

EDIT:
... wow ... WOOOWW! o_O
Do these ENGL amps kick ass or what?!
It's needless to point out I'm amazed...
Those Screamer and Thunder heads sound awesome which is even better when their price tag is under 1000 euros! Besides them, every single amp sound byte from that site left my jaw dropped, it seems it's practically impossible to dial in a bad sound on ENGLs. :)
Now I'm really into that Screamer head, OMG, gear acquisition syndrome is starting to kick my butt! :D

SickBoy said:
Cool link, thanks Chris! :wave:

EDIT:
... wow ... WOOOWW! o_O
Do these ENGL amps kick ass or what?!
It's needless to point out I'm amazed...
Those Screamer and Thunder heads sound awesome which is even better when their price tag is under 1000 euros! Besides them, every single amp sound byte from that site left my jaw dropped, it seems it's practically impossible to dial in a bad sound on ENGLs. :)
Now I'm really into that Screamer head, OMG, gear acquisition syndrome is starting to kick my butt! :D
ahhahahahaha!!!!!
they are awesome especially for the money.
Let me know when you get one, Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Let me know when you get one, Chris.

I wish it would be next month, but it will probably pass even more :D
ENGL has no distribution in my country (remember that story about Croatia's insignificance in the wide world? ;) )
But be sure I'll brag here the moment I lay my hands on it!