Hey chris

daniel stuart

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2010
I doubt you will answer this:erk:

But here goes. Will you guys ever come to South africa? I think you guys will sell out very fast. I mean rammstein(who is coming here next year) sold out in a week.

Ok here is a question on guitar playing.
I watched dave play tornado of souls on a concert in 2008(I think it was waking up the dead or something) And he alternates picking while doing the first bit now I pick fast down strokes,at the back of my mind I feel it is wrong but my friend said it sounds right. Do you alternate pick on that part where daves starts to sing "the land of opportunity"

And dude you look like a guitar god playing tornado of souls solo. You barely look at the bloody fret board:OMG:

But any way have a wonderful christmas and a happy new year and best wishes keep safe and all the best to megadeth.:headbang:

When I first learned the riff, I used alternate picking, and as I got better at playing fast rhythms across multiple strings like the riff you are asking about I started using downstrokes too. But I really dont think it matters, just do whats comfortable to you.

No clue which riff you're talking about, but my advice: if you have troubles, try to learn both. You can choose which way of playing is easier and you boost you're overall technique, too.

I don't have troubles playing it. Just dave said he likes to do it as the timing sounds suspicious when just down pick.