Hey guys, check out a mix for me?

selke61

Music Producing Ginger
Jan 25, 2011
So it's been a very, very long time since I've been on here! About a year to be exact! I left the FB group months ago because it was a lost cause haha I'm hoping things here are still consisted of serious producers and not trolling "prodouchers". :loco:

Anyways, I would like to share a mix with you guys. It's for my studio band with my good friend Nick DeMaro, who is the ex-vocalist of Years Since The Storm, if you guys ever heard of them.

Guitars are Pod
Bass is Zombass 2 with Seth's Altars tone (Great tone might I add)
Drums are Slate with blended samples. (2 kicks, 3 snares)
Vocals were recorded with an MXL 990 and were single tracked mainly, but I had him do 75% left and right doubles at parts, and even at other parts, another double added far left and right, so 5 altogether.
The chorus vocals were brought down a few dbs and I slapped on some reverb for a "Crowd" effect.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33877996/1118 Final Master.mp3

Nice to have you back brooooo.

I like it a lot. The guitars are really sweet, could you tell use a bit more about em? I hate this stupid fizziness i get on mine, how did you eliminate that? And i really like the bass, i might purchase zombass with seth's tone actually.

Definitely hits hard, good job man.

Nice to have you back brooooo.

I like it a lot. The guitars are really sweet, could you tell use a bit more about em? I hate this stupid fizziness i get on mine, how did you eliminate that? And i really like the bass, i might purchase zombass with seth's tone actually.

Definitely hits hard, good job man.

Thank you, man! :kickass:

It really starts with the tone itself, for me at least. I use the Big Bottom amp cause it has great distortion to begin with, with the TS going into it, of course. I use maybe 60-70% of it's drive, the bass is about 50% because it has a lot of lows, being as it is the "BIG BOTTOM" amp haha, cut the mids, and boost the highs. Presence is chilling at 60%. It has NASTY fuzz though. I usually cut at 4k, with a small Q. Depends. On this mix, I cut -8dbs and low-passed at 10k, I think? And it's hi-pass is at 100hz. :)

And definitely get the Altars tone. Sits so well and it needs hardly any processing, just good compression, cause it's jumpy.

Thanks for the feedback, man!