hey guys... i've got good news and bad news

fishing.jpg

We had this giant, hotdog-sized fish that was supposedly many years old, but when we moved to this new place last year, it LEAPED out of the cooler we were keeping the fish and water in and flopped under the couch and died. I really don't know what he was hoping to accomplish by that.

I had a beta fish we used in an experiment for AP Biology (yes, we had to observe the fighting activity of two males, but we didn't let them abuse each other much). Anyway, he lived until I went away for a weekend and my Mom decided to give him an air hose so he could breathe better. Of course, betas are surface-breathing fish, and he got trapped in the hose and couldn't get to the surface to breathe. Talk about irony. She felt bad, but he lived about 8 months after the experiment which was longer than any other fish I ever had lived (cheap goldfish).

12 yrs is a long time for any pet, though. Sayin'.

well, oscars are also like, two feet long? and he was in a 75 gallon tank. so he did a-ok. he used to eat other fish for breakfast. his name was 'russ'.

we had one of those fish with the huge, bulging eyes, and one of them got his head caught in the air iflter, and when we freed him one of his eyes looked...deflated. he survived a few weeks before being eaten by the big mean silver fish (who later would die, struggling, under our couch). poor, poor fish.