hey, have a listen at this Katatonia Cover

Here it is my mix of this great song:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1457645/tonight´s music.mp3

I didnt went for that fat brootz snare, it´s quite the opposite. I know that this snare it´s quite thin but I think it fits better the groove and I was after something different.

At first I tried to use that telephone effect in the verse but then I thought why would I do that? because it was done by Deadstar and since I dont think that vocal sucks, I tried to work on my own way and view. I think that the verse vocal track is good but a bit hard to equalize, there are some nasty frequencies sticking out too much, and a lot of low end.

it´s missing some files, that violin that plays before the chorus and the vocals in the end. Thanks man, I enjoyed a lot mixing this. Not so much for the sound itself because there isnt many things too mix, the guitars, bass already have a great sound but it was more for creating the dimension, the atmosphere, the aesthetic side of the mix.

Anyway, great, great cover. That keyboard in the intro gives a unique feel. I prefer this version to the original. The cover is really well constructed.

thanks for the kind words Nuno. I kind of agree with the vocals, it was an SM58 straight into the interface.. very bad sounding but i was thinking about using the phone effect already so it kind of worked.
Btw I've been working on a new original release in the last few weeks which hopefully will be released soon and those guys have massive early Katatonia, Daylight Dies and doom influences. I'll keep you posted guys cause you will surely like it