HEY--I just tooted...........Linda's horn!

Apr 10, 2009
Ok, this is a great story I just had to tell because Linda is too modest to post this herself...

Linda was backstage at the Iron Maiden concert talking with her Paiste rep before the show started and along comes THE Mike Portnoy...

He starts talking to the rep and then turns to Linda and says, "Hey, you're a drummer, aren't you." Linda was somewhat taken aback and then he added, "You're the drummer from Phantom Blue."

Now how fucking cool is that??!! One phenomenal drummer recognizing another phenomenal drummer. Makes me respect Portnoy even more!

:worship: :headbang::danceboy:

:oops: OMG, it was surreal. It was the last thing in the world I expected to hear. I actually thought he was going to ask if my name was Lisa or something like that, you know, one of those "you look like someone else" kinda things. Ha ha! I was thrilled and confirmed his statements and formally introduced myself and he the same. Nice guy. :D I was a little sheepish though, and once I can upload the pics off my camera I will post why. *hint* for those of you who were at Slinger's in Agoura the night before, well.............say no more. I was sporting a souvenir from the Agoura show. :eek:

I was sheepish cuz I had THIS under my shades.

It happened the night before at our show in Agoura Hills during Hallowed. The Slick Nut (it's supposed to LOCK your cymbals down so you don't have the problem of the old wing nuts they are meant to replace flying off while you are playing.) Well, needless to say, it flew off anyway and right under my eye. Oh well. Thank God for ice. :)

I was more star struck by Kirsten and Linda in the crowd than Mike Portnoy on stage. Can't wait for the Santa Fe Springs show.

I was sheepish cuz I had THIS under my shades.

It happened the night before at our show in Agoura Hills during Hallowed. The Slick Nut (it's supposed to LOCK your cymbals down so you don't have the problem of the old wing nuts they are meant to replace flying off while you are playing.) Well, needless to say, it flew off anyway and right under my eye. Oh well. Thank God for ice. :)

OUCH!

Lucky there was no more damage Linda.
I was once given a good kicking when I was a teenager, I broke my nose and cheek bone. I have since had a detached retina in my right eye which cannot be fixed!!!!

we need to look after our eyes, even small things like this can cause problems I'm overyl cautious now as I only have my left eye thats any good.

OUCH!

Lucky there was no more damage Linda.
I was once given a good kicking when I was a teenager, I broke my nose and cheek bone. I have since had a detached retina in my right eye which cannot be fixed!!!!

we need to look after our eyes, even small things like this can cause problems I'm overyl cautious now as I only have my left eye thats any good.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

It is only now starting to feel normal. ;) It feels like someone is touching my face all the time. At least the swelling is down now and the purple is fading away. YAY! :D

I was there when it happened and I must say, Linda didn't miss a beat even when she was playing with one hand and holding ice on her eye with the other hand...and still kicked ASS!!! Then, she still soldiered on through the final song of the set. I had to consciously keep my mouth closed as I watched in awe of her talent and professionalism!!! What a Trooper!!!

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

It is only now starting to feel normal. ;) It feels like someone is touching my face all the time. At least the swelling is down now and the purple is fading away. YAY! :D

Ahh its old news I was about 13/14 at the time....i'm 34 now!

But if you notice anything floating around in your eyes or waves in your peripheral vision, get to see opthal.....optic......eye doctor quick.

glad its not so sore any more though.

I was there when it happened and I must say, Linda didn't miss a beat even when she was playing with one hand and holding ice on her eye with the other hand...and still kicked ASS!!! Then, she still soldiered on through the final song of the set. I had to consciously keep my mouth closed as I watched in awe of her talent and professionalism!!! What a Trooper!!!

Yeah, I know whatcha mean. I turned around during Hallowed and saw that shiner and almost dropped my mic! :yow: And for the whole rest of the set I kept thinking, Wow, Linda is a superhero!

While those widgets are convenient, are you gonna stick with them after this?

Maybe use old school hardware until healed.

Jim