Hey Ledmag! I'm going to see Static-X/Soulfly 2/15/02.

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Ledmag, I don't know if you like them but my friend and former bandmate/bassplayer are going to see Static-X and Soulfly at Bogarts in Cincy, OH on Friday the 15th. I've seen Static-X live before and they were quite impressive. I am a huge old Sepultura fan (hate the new shit) with Max Cavalera and I like some of Soulfly's stuff. I hope some classic Sepultura is played. Soil and Onesidezero are opening. Heard Soil's C.D. Scars and thought it was crap. It's typical downtuned nu-metal shit with hardly any solos. To me it sounds like Disturbed meets Kilgore (Smudge) meets Alice In Chains. I was surprised Soil sounded like this because three of the guys were from death metal band Oppressor and another guy from Broken Hope. Oh well, don't know much about Onesidezero. Keep In touch. Cheers

Glad your getting to go to a show man.

Looks like this post has been here for a feqw days, I havent been here much myself as of late,,,busy.

I have only heard 2 or 3 Static X songs. One being a Sabbath cover, Behind The Wall Of Sleep(i think) I didnt like it, the other song is on the Heavy Metal 2000 soundtrack(so is bouhous).
Soulfly, well, I like old Sepultura, but hehe, I dont care for soulfly, I bought a cd by them, for 16 bucks, and Ron would only give 3 dollars back for it haha.

Dude, I hope you have a great time, be carefull on the trip, and let us know how the show turns out.

Hey! I only got $2.50 out of the Soil C.D. I payed $15 for at Jams in Winchester. They're great on strings, picks, straps, some T-shirts and other music instruments and gear, but the C.D.'s are too high and the selection sucks. I wanted the new Dream Theater or Re-mastered Megadeth but they didn't have it. I'm like you regarding SoulFly. I only like a few of there songs and think there too "tribal" and had too many guests on Primitive. I let you know how the Static-X show goes.

Ha, Primative is the one i had.

Ron and I are getting ready to do it, get a band together. I hope it works out,.My schedual is finally getting laxed. Ill let you know how it turns out.

And Ill be watching for the review, Im kinda interested in Static X

here's my take on it.

Soulfly is garbage, so is static x. Sepultura got new life with Derek. albeit Against was not that great of an album, Nation is really a good metal cd. If you can get past the fact that Max isnt with em anymore, it will come natural. I saw Sepultura last march, and derek live is unreal. Max just stands there looking up into heaven at Dana or his reason for making music, and derek is down in there crowd letting everyone sing roots along with him.

Soil is a great NEW metal band. Singing (kinda) actual guitar riffs, and a drummer with 2 bass drums=a good band. lol I bought the cd yesterday, they rank in there with the new bands I like:

Sevendust
Godsmack
Doubledrive
Soil
Flybanger
Full Devil Jacket
Stereomud

These bands are a different breed of new rock, I like em a lot.

Kurt

High Speed Kurt, I don't think Soulfly is garbage, i just don't like the "too tribal sound" they make. At First, I thought Static-X was a mediocre band with Wisconsin Death Trip, but after I saw them live I was impressed and I think "Machine" is a good album. But, if you don't like them that's okay. I do like Double Drive (great band with original sound and solo's) Godsmack (great live band and "Awake" is better than their first) and some Sevendust and Stereomud (both good live bands, but they both sound the same to me with the Lowery brother connection, I like some songs but too "nu-metal" for me, not very impressive) Full Devil Jacket sucked live and I think their E.P. is better than their album. Don't like Flybanger. A few hours away from Static-X